PDA

View Full Version : disappointing day almost shooting my 1898 Krag.

WHG
10-28-2013, 09:15
Well, I decided to go out to the desert with a few friends of mind and try out my new to me 1898 Krag rifle. I live in southern California, and there are no close shooting areas for "high powered" rifles. Where we end up shooting is about 130 miles away, a 2 hour drive. Got there, got every thing unloaded and the targets setup. Pulled the Krag out of it's case and discovered that I had left the bolt sitting on my reloading bench. :icon_redface:To explain: I remove the bolts so that I can stack them closer together which enables me to store more guns in my safe . At least I had taken several other guns along, so I was able to relieve some of my frustration with them. Oh well. Just means I have to go out again next weekend.

Dick Hosmer
10-28-2013, 09:52
What about Burbank?

WHG
10-28-2013, 10:23
I live in Lakewood. Shooting ranges are OK for sighting in a rifle, but I find it boring punching holes in paper. Where we go shooting in the desert is BOLM land, but we can shoot just about any reactive targets we want to as long as they aren't make of glass. Our favorite is a can of starting fluid with a road flare behind it. Produces an impressive fire ball. We make a day of it and bring a Bar-B-Q to cook lunch. It does make for a long day since we usually leave our house at 6 in the morning and don't get back till about 5 or 6 in the afternoon.