PDA

View Full Version : Krag at Cabelas Dundee

psteinmayer
10-26-2013, 08:16
I was at Cabelas in Dundee, Michigan today, and I saw a fairly nice 1898 rifle.

Serial number in the 2xx,xxx range, very nice 1901 cartouche, what appears to be Italian walnut stock, nice looking barrel with good rifling, and 1902 rear sight. The hand guard may have been replace as it was slightly darker than the stock. Also, the stock seems to have been lacquered. Finally, the Krag could use a good cleaning, as the bolt, barrel, etc. had a lot of old oily grime. Still, not too bad for the price - $679.00. If I had the money, it would have followed me home!

madsenshooter
10-27-2013, 08:16
It's waiting on you, calling out your name after traveling so far to be just where you'd see it! "Paul, Paul....take me home, clean me up....the wife will understand....I'm so neglected." LOL!

psteinmayer
10-27-2013, 06:14
Watch it Bob... She'll see my expression as I agree with you, and most likely smack me, LOL! I'll tell you, I would have taken some pictures except the guy in the Cabelas "Gun Library" is kind of funny about that kind of stuff... but I did think it looked pretty good.

madsenshooter
10-27-2013, 08:05
I had to quit emailing one fellow, a member here, cause every time I did it cost him money! Bullet molds, 92/96 Krag, other things.

psteinmayer
10-28-2013, 07:41
If my wife finds out you're pushing me to buy another Krag... she'll forbid me from playing with you anymore :(