PDA

View Full Version : Sig Sauer 1911 22lr range report

broom jockey
10-18-2013, 09:41
Took my new toy to the range today. Bought an extra clip for it, so wanted to check out everything. Firing at 15 yards, the pistol hit dead-on not using a rest. Pistol comes with different front sight heights, but the one attached was A-OK. I was shooting Federal 22lr high velocity ammo. Running 2 full mags thru it, they were all in a 6 inch bull. Pistol never did have a hickcup after firing about 500 rounds. Firing at 50 yards, the shots were more spread out, but within a foot or so of the bull with about half in the bull. IMHO, this is a fine pistol. Now, to find more 22lr ammo. BTW: paid $425 out the door.

Jim in Salt Lake
10-18-2013, 01:02
I've got the GSG version, pretty much the same results. It is absolutely murder on pop cans. Never jams, eats any .22 ammo.

dustoffer
03-27-2014, 01:50
I have the GSG version as well--never a hiccup with it other than if I seat the mag too briskly, the top round "stands up" and the slide can't go into battery. Sights are crap--especialy the 3-level fronts, none of which are the correct height. Mine is used mostly to shoot feral hogs in a trap, so not a real issue.

Andouille
04-01-2014, 02:58
I looked at both the SIG and the GSG and went with the GSG because the trigger pull was a leeeeeeeetle bit better on it than the SIG the local store also had in stock. I'd have gone the other way if the SIG had the better trigger. Likely that will vary pistol-to-pistol, but that's the way it felt on the two guns in stock at the local store on that day. Switched out the sights on it for a set of steel Novak-clones by Dawson and like them much better.

Steer clear of the aftermarket followers that allow 14-rounds to fit in the magazine. The don't work for s--t in my gun.