PDA

View Full Version : 3 Arisakas type 99s

Dragon 5 Actual
10-14-2013, 05:40
Just real quick, I am looking to sell 3 Arisakas tomorrow, what kind of price should I ask initially? All still have fairly decent cosmo coating although bolts are well oiled.

First one: Good condition, mum very clear but with a scratch through it :(. Original monopod, AA sights, matching numbers, Toyo Kogyo Arsenal, series 31.

Next: Good Condition, mum intact, original sling(bad shape but its a 68 year old used piece of leather and fabric), actual war capture from my grandfather, AA sights, Nagoya Arsenal, series 5.

Last: Great condition, mum intact, standard sights(they finally figured out AA sights were silly?), war capture, last ditch. This one would actually be my preferred weapon to shoot out of the three, very smooth action. Kokura Arsenal series is unknown, when they printed the numbers the bottom of them was scratched up in the printing process.

psteinmayer
10-14-2013, 06:15
I have two Type 99s: A Nagoya Series 7 that my father gave me... ground mum and sporterized (by him); and a Toyo Kogyo Series 31 duffle cut (repaired by me) with a full mum (cross struck with a chisel), monopod, and action cover. I paid $350 for the Toyo Kogyo a year and a half ago.

I think prices are subjective, but condition is definitely a factor. Had I known my Toyo Kogyo was a duffle cut when I bought it, I would have paid less... even though it means the rifle was most likely a war prize!

Dragon 5 Actual
10-14-2013, 08:16
My grandfather captured several at Gaudal Canal and somehow brought a buttload of captured stuff back with him right after the battle. He didnt get a battlefield commission but was commissioned after the battle and became a pilot immediately following. Charged a machine gun nest and took out the officer(took the sword after getting hit by it, just a saber, not a family katana), took the officer's pistol, the machine gun(complete with bullet holes all over the place), and a few rifles from that action. Not a bad haul for a marine aircraft mechanic(they had an airfield but no aircraft so to the jungle they went). Then he collected them after the war.

Guamsst
10-14-2013, 08:32
Where are you? Prices vary greatly by region.

around here,

I'd be at $375 on the first.
$400 on the next.
$300 for the last and I would expect to drag them around for a while but they might all go in one day.

psteinmayer
10-15-2013, 07:48
That's about what I would have said too for the Michigan/Ohio/Indiana area, Guamsst.

Guamsst
10-16-2013, 07:16
That's about what I would have said too for the Michigan/Ohio/Indiana area, Guamsst.

My experience has been that the midwest is fairly consistent. The northeast seems to be the area with the highest prices, sometimes double or more.