PDA

View Full Version : Barrel Identification

wake
10-13-2013, 07:05
Could anyone help identify these barrels, they are boxed C barrels but both have no finish on the barrel. The last 1/4 inch of the barrels is a larger diameter than the rest of the barrel. Normal barrel bushing will not fit over them. Could these be National Match barrels for custom fitting? Both appear to be NOS. What would be an approximate value?

Mike Josephic
10-13-2013, 10:38
Are there any markings on these barrels (numbers, letters and the location)? Your photos do not show any.
This would help identify what you have.

wake
10-14-2013, 04:52
C in a box on the left lug, no other markings.

tanker trash
10-17-2013, 11:22
Boxed C is a Colt made barrel. usually a turned down diameter after the front is for use with a finger bushing. EDIT: I should have added that those look like a standard colt replacement barrel that has been modified. I have one like them in the parts pile. per Johnny P, could they be original barrels to be fitted by an armorer? the parkerized chamber and turned barrel tend to say gunsmith modified to me.

Johnny P
10-17-2013, 03:00
Those barrels are oversize on the end to fit to a standard bushing. The barrels on the Series 70 pistols with the collet type bushing have a larger diameter for approximately 3/4" and a slow taper for the fingers to slide over.

wake
10-19-2013, 07:57
Thanks for the information guys.