PDA

View Full Version : Sling swivels for Remington Nylon 66?

GerryRA
10-12-2013, 08:14
How can sling swivels be fitted to a Remington Nylon 66 / 77? Is there enough material in the plastic stock to hold swivel screws? Could Finn type Mosin Nagant swivels be attached with stock through-holes and cross screws?

Art
10-13-2013, 02:09
How can sling swivels be fitted to a Remington Nylon 66 / 77? Is there enough material in the plastic stock to hold swivel screws? Could Finn type Mosin Nagant swivels be attached with stock through-holes and cross screws?

If you just want a sling to carry it you might try one of the shotgun slings that don't require drilling but loop around the butt stock and barrel. Easy on, easy off, no damage to the stock.

Jim in Salt Lake
10-14-2013, 09:47
I've got a 66, too. I've never put swivels on it because the stock plastic is too thin for screws. I think you'd have to take the butt plate off to get a nut in there, use a machine screw and nut. The front swivel would be easier once you get the action and barrel out. I never thought it was worth it, if I really needed a carry sling, I'd use Art's suggestion.

da gimp
10-15-2013, 10:01
Do NOT permanently alter the stock on your Nylon 66................. it will ruin the collector status.............................unless you have picked up a 2nd already damaged/altered stock to put the swivels on.............leave your pristine stock alone.