PDA

View Full Version : Classic World WarII Aircraft Cutaways.

Guamsst
10-06-2013, 10:25
I found this in BOOKS A MILLION last night. We had already bought the wife a new Calvin and Hobbes collection and were passing back through the store on our way out. I saw several aviation related books on one of the center island discount tables and picked this one up for $10.

It is little more than a collection of cutaway drawings of WW2 aircraft. Just a coffee table book. But, it has so many aircraft and oddball aircraft I had to have it. Cutaways are highly detailed although I haven't had time to check for accuracy the few I glanced at appeared correct enough. Also included are some engine cutaways and crewmen are posed in various positions in the larger aircraft.

Overall, a neat book worth the $10. They also had a couple of books of color plates and WW1-Present aircraft for $20ea but I passed. One of the color plate books was interesting because it grouped aircraft by nation and then again by campaign. So, you might see the early green B-25 on one page then see another for Sicily and another for North Africa with the campaign pages mixing the sides together on a single page or two.