PDA

View Full Version : Worth buying twice. PANZER COMMANDER

Guamsst
10-06-2013, 10:16
I was in BOOKS A MILLION last night and remembered I lost my copy of PANZER COMMANDER by Hans Von Luck a while back. Surprisingly, I found the little paperback in just a few seconds.

The book is not an in depth analysis of tactics and strategies or a catalog of supplies and manning. Just a story of a guy who was lucky/unlucky enough to be just about everywhere that was a major campaign for Germany. High enough rank to see the big picture and low enough to actually relate to regular soldiers.

I highly suggest it for anyone who has an interest in military history, regardless of your specific area or time of interest.

Guamsst
10-21-2013, 07:24
Barely getting through a few pages a night before sleep. But, something has struck me about Von Luck's views of people and events which remind me of myself. He seems a bit naive and trusting and I find it funny looking back on history that as a German officer he got along so well with the French and was so trusting of them. Even after finding out later on that two of his closest friends in France were members of the resistance.