PDA

View Full Version : NORWEGIAN 1914 Mad3e 1924 45ACP

Vernon Morris
10-01-2013, 12:16
Recently acquired a Norwegian Colt 1914 made in 1924. All parts number to firearm, with the exception of the barrel and magazine. Also it has bakelight material. the magazine that came with the firearm is marked on base is marked COLT /45AUTO., it is pinned at base. The barrel is a large "G", "P" on left side, also marked colt 45 auto. Any help will be greatly appreciated. SN. of the firearm is in 6100 range.
\

Thanks

Vernon Morris

Marcus
10-01-2013, 08:00
I love the "Kongsberg Colts". I wanted one for many years before the 1911 Gods dropped a nice original example in my lap last year. Mine is all original and matching, and is one of the last 1945 dated ones made under German supervision, but had not yet been Waffenamt marked before the war ended, so does not have the very rare, desirable, and value enhancing German markings. If the war had lasted another week, mine would be worth twice as much as it is now...although its value is still significant.

Too bad about the barrel....original Norwegian barrels are about impossible to find. If you could find one in any kind of decent condition, it would be a good idea to pick it up and replace the U.S. barrel. Original Norwegian grips are checkered with the large diamond around the screw holes like U.S. WW1 1911 grips, but are inletted for the unique Norwegian extended safety. I believe early grips are walnut, later ones are a light yellowish colored hardwood stained dark and have a unique, distinctive appearance. If you could find a set of original Norwegian grips to replace the WW2 U.S. bakelite grips, it would improve the looks and value of the gun. Original WW1 U.S. grips or high quality reproductions would also work and could be modified if you still have the original Norwegian extended slide release. Sarco offers a reproduction of the Norwegian slide release.

"Checkpoint Charlie" might still have the correct original Norwegian magazines with lanyard hoop on the bottom. He also has the pre-war Norwegian pistol belt for these and I think maybe Norwegian Navy holsters, as well as original WW2 German supervision made Norwegian 1911 holsters and the unique Norwegian 1911 3 compartment magazine pouches - also made under German supervision. I believe Liberty Tree Collectors has the pre-war Norwegian shoulder straps for the pistol belt also.

brick26
10-03-2013, 07:57
As far as I know 98% cond. WaA84 pistol is worth more than twice than preWaA84 Nazi procured pistol. They run around $8-9K these days.