PDA

View Full Version : WWII ammo value

RCK
09-09-2013, 10:28
I have a khaki WWII bandoleer with six pockets holding 10 rounds each. The rounds are M2 ball in five rounds per stripper clip. The head stamps are marked TW 42. All items are in near unused condition. I hope they may have some collector value, perhaps to a local re-enactor, and would like to get an idea of their value.

Griff Murphey
09-09-2013, 04:45
Fine shooting in a bolt rifle; but I don't like corrosive in a gas gun. Shooting value perhaps $35-45 to the average milsurp shooter, if he is willing to clean for corrosive.

However... Every year a little more of the vintage ammo goes away and now we get into collector value, to an interested collector I say value POSSIBLY $60 up. But you have to find that collector.

Not advisable for reenactors to have live ammo at typical venues such as display, parade, or battle reenactments. Yes they could use the bandolier.

Johnny in Texas
09-09-2013, 06:33
Ammo collectors usually only want a box or two UNLESS THEY ARE STEALING IT.

raymeketa
09-09-2013, 07:24
Ammo collectors usually only want a box or two UNLESS THEY ARE STEALING IT.

I collect US Military ammunition and I think that is a uncalled-for comment. I've never stolen a carton, or even a single cartridge, and, more often than not I've paid more than what they were worth. There is a general misconception out there about what is collectable and an even greater misconception about the value of collectables. Not every old cartridge is collectable simply because it's old. Most WW II ammunition, even in good condition cartons, is still very common and worth less than the same amount of new shooting cartridges. I'd say Griff was being very generous with his valuation.

I think you will find that the turkeys trying to steal from others by inflating both collectability and value are not really collectors but are yahoos trying to game the system in hopes of making a few bucks.

JMHO

Johnny in Texas
09-09-2013, 08:01
Ray that has not been my experience but also I harbor no ill will. I am the same way when buying any ammo so no offense intended. I very much rely on your comments and opinions here thank you.