PDA

View Full Version : WTK: Colt 1911A1 w/shoulder stock???

OTBFirearms
09-06-2013, 03:02
One of my customers has this gun and we are trying to figure out what it is. He says he was told it was some sort of Lebanese contract gun.

I have attached a few pics and can email more if need be.

Vito

Duane Hansen
09-06-2013, 05:31
Do you have any close up, detailed pictures? What markings are on the pistol to lead him to believe that it has Lebanese ties?

Tuna
09-06-2013, 07:27
I can remember when those were offered in Shotgun news for $199 with a 16 inch barrel. You got the stock, the barrel and the replacement grip unit for the stock to attach too. It was a commercial unit and not made for any country overseas. But as it is now without the 16 inch barrel it's considered to be a shot barreled rifle and if not registered an invite for ATF to knock on someone's door.

Johnny P
09-07-2013, 05:29
As mentioned very illegal to have in your possession, but there are always those that will tell you the BATF have bigger fish to fry.

OTBFirearms
09-07-2013, 09:47
Yes, we have disassembled it and are now looking for the proper type 2 arched checkered mainspring housing for it.

emmagee1917
09-09-2013, 10:38
I believe these were made by Numrich / Gun Parts Corp.
IIRC , Chris

Marcus
09-09-2013, 11:03
I remember when these stocks were available back in the early to mid 1980's. They gained popularity after people saw news footage and photos of Lebanese militia types with them. I had one once and tried it on one of my 1911A1's - like the Luger, Browning High-Power, and Broomhandle Mauser stocks (which I also had), they are not at all practical or user friendly. As I recall I paid $50 for it with the grooved mainspring housing for it - a lot of money at that time - and sold it for the same shortly afterwards.

Besides the long barrels that were offered for these abortions (and of course the necessary slotted main spring housing), a lot of aspiring "Rambo/Commando" wanna-be types also got the extended magazines that really turned your .45 auto into an awesome and unstoppable fighting machine. As I recall, most of these higher capacity mazines were crap....I also seem to vaguely recall some kind of Luger-style "snail drum" magazine being available for use with these?

colt thompson
09-09-2013, 01:32
I'm pretty sure Taylor made a tear drop drum for the 1911

joem
09-09-2013, 03:01
If you install the shoulder stock you better have a 16" barrel on the pistol .