PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Customer Service

Allen Humphrey
08-24-2013, 01:46
Its kind of sad that quality customer service is the exception but I'll share my recent good experience.

I've been having some issues getting good concentricity on my .223 cases after full length resizing. After some experimenting I realized that the issue seems to be in the expander ball. Some test cases resized without the ball came out very true, but cases sized with the expander were not so good. Some measurement showed that the ball was about .006 out of center.

Friday morning I sent a note to RCBS via their website. I simply explained the issue and asked if that run-out was typical. I also asked that if the run-out was typical for my die, then to suggest a higher precision unit that I could purchase.

By Friday afternoon I had an email response indicating that a new de-capping unit was in the mail along with some instructions on how best to set the unit for optimum results. No charge.

p246
08-24-2013, 07:54
Very nice to hear of good customer service. RCBS stuff has always been good for me.

joem
08-26-2013, 06:01
Same here with RCBS, Dillon and Hornady. Good customer service from all of them.

WHG
08-26-2013, 09:27
RCBS customer service is great. I had one of their electronic scales fail a few years ago. I called them to see about having it repaired / replaced. While I was talking to their service rep I told him I needed it back as quickly as possible. He said they would send out a replacement that day with a return pick-up slip for UPS so I wouldn't be without a scale for more than a few days. It arrived the next day, and I packed my old scale in the same box and sent it back to them with a thank you note. Even if they are more expensive I always prefer to purchase RCBS products.

da gimp
08-26-2013, 10:31
Same here with RCBS, Dillon and Hornady. Good customer service from all of them.

Ditto on all 3 here too joe.

JOEZ
08-28-2013, 11:05
I've never had a bad experience with them either. The few times something failed it was replaced immediately without question. Hats off to them.

Matt Anthony
08-31-2013, 03:15
Like others have said, RCBS Customer Service is outstanding! However, my situation with the lead mould division is different and quite shocking. I bought a RCBS 7MM mould from Midway that would not close properly. I sent it back and finally after 5 month's they sent me a new one. Same problem! I sent it back and waited month's again and they sent me a new one without the bluing which finally closed properly but the mould was so rough that it was useless. Their answer to their problem was mould shift during production. I emailed them and by mistake they sent me their inner office emails between the engineering dept. and customer service about my situation. They said the inner office emails were sent by mistake and apologized, but when you are called an idiot and stupid, let's put it this way, I will never, repeat never, buy another RCBS product again.

What I have found out is that Wilson makes superior dies compared to RCBS, Accu-lab makes a superior electronic scale and Hoch makes superior nose pour moulds that are perfect.

Matt

glockbox
03-12-2014, 07:58
RCBS customer service is outstanding. Thank you.

PhillipM
03-12-2014, 08:08
There is a trick to setting the expander ball. Insert a case and press it with the expander ball locknut loose. When you downstroke the case, stop when the expander ball is in the neck and only then tighten the locknut.

dave
03-13-2014, 02:10
It seems, for some reason, that all reloading makers give good customer service. I have even had excellent service from Lee and they make cheap stuff (price wise).