PDA

View Full Version : Front barrel band

Mark Daiute
08-19-2013, 07:30
On my Springfield 03's the top of the front barrel band rests on the barrel. On My Remington 03 the top of the front barrel band is an `1/8" or more above the barrel. Is this normal?

As an aside, the front band on my Remington is marked with an "R" on the starboard side.

When I say front band I'm talking about the band with the stacking swivel and bayonet lug.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Kurt
08-19-2013, 08:09
The band shouldn't rest on the barrel. Not all that uncommon with stock and band changes though. You need to relieve the upper part of the inside of the band where it's touching with a round file or a steady hand and a dremel. The only other option is to relieve the wood below and that may require re-doing the screw hole, not a big deal, just more entailed. Stocks run fat and thin in that area as does the barrel channel itself. You may have excessive material at the tip where the barrel rests and sometimes it can be reduced and thus dropping the barrel away from the band. You would need to think twice about that as it's hard to grow dead tree's if you take too much there. :)

Kurt