PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Single Six

Dave in NGA
08-16-2013, 05:43
I own a new model single six convertible. The fancy wood grips it came with are not the best fit for my hand (too fat). The black plastic factory grips I've seen on other single six revolvers fit my hand better. Will the black grips fit my pistol and where should I look to purchase some?
TIA

Stephan
09-22-2013, 10:36
There are two different grip-frames for the Ruger single action .22..grips not interchangeable between the two. I think the earlier style Rugers were the ones with the plastic grips.

Dave in NGA
09-23-2013, 02:47
thank you Stephan. I was hoping someone had an answer short of me buying a set of grips which wouldn't work.

dave
09-23-2013, 05:40
Call Ruger, they may be able to help you.

Emri
09-24-2013, 06:39
Try this for frame sizes. I looked on Rugers "store" page and didn't see anything you were after.

http://www.gunblast.com/Hamm_Ruger-SA-GripFrames.htm

Dave in NGA
09-29-2013, 09:32
I called Ruger first. The lady who answered was less than helpfull. She said the black plastic grips of the current model were not available. Really? She couldn't aswer my question about what other grip choices were available to fit my new model single six convertable that I purchased in 2010.

Ruger's 'No' customer service leaves me cold. All I wanted was the 'cheap' plastic grips to replace the fancy wood grips that came on the pistol. I just didn't expect this to be such a big deal for the factory.

Clark Howard
10-11-2013, 04:25
You might try North Carolina Ordnance. They manufacture a wide range of plastic grips. www.gungrip.com Regards, Clark