PDA

View Full Version : Winchester 748 powder in stock

WHG
07-31-2013, 03:42
If anyone is interested Powder Valley has this powder in 1LB cans for $19.40 in stock. I've been trying to find some of this powder for most of this year, and this is the first time I've found it in stock for a decent price.

Tuna
07-31-2013, 05:55
That's great that they have it but the hazmat fees are a killer if you only get one or a few pounds at a time.

WHG
08-01-2013, 09:10
I ended up ordering 10 lbs. With shipping and hazmat it worked out to 23.70 a lb. Much better than the 50.00 a lb people were selling it for on gunbroker.com. The last time I bought some from Wideners last year I paid 18.00 a lb, so this is still high, but at least I'll have some to start reloading again.

Major Tom
08-01-2013, 07:14
I just checked their website.........................out of stock

Matt Anthony
08-03-2013, 03:05
I have witnessed this in the past when powder and primers were scarce. One posts that a company has these items and seconds later it's gone. If you are on a website and find powder and primers at a price you can afford, buy it right then and there. Next, keep it to yourself, people who really want it will find it, but the hoarders love forums because they can cruse a forum and the forum posters are doing the hunting for them!
The military and government are not buying up SK Standard Plus rimfire ammunition. The government buys Aguila, so why is there a shortage of SK. Well, it's either hoarders or some companies hold merchandise for month's before putting it out for sale to drive the price up, and it works! I also got an email from the CMP on the rimfire I ordered almost 2 years ago. They said they just got an unexpected order of 300 or 400 cases of Aguila ammo, however they still have over 5,900 backorders to fill! I finally cancelled my order this week, the hell with it! Howver, I did pick up a case of SK in Camp Perry this week! And it was only $50.00 more than last year, and the company that I bought it from, has none for sale on the web!!!!! LOL what tune we are learning to dance too!
Matt