PDA

View Full Version : Tulammo Brassmaxx

androck14
07-21-2013, 08:14
I have been stopping at various walmarts at various times to check availability of .223 ammunition. Tonight I found Tulammo Brassmaxx. 55gr. brass case, boxer primed, made in Italy (Fiocchi?). $16.97 a box of 50.
I had never heard of this or any other brass ammo from Tula.
I bought three boxes and came home to learn more.
I found several threads on several forums dated the first week of Feb. this year but nothing since. No reports on how this stuff performs.
Has anyone here tried it?

Tuna
07-22-2013, 06:56
I do not know about the Tula Brassmaxx in .223 but on one forum there were a couple of shooters who had bought the same ammo in 45acp that were complaining about dud's. It might be a case of hard primers but none of them fired a second time around too. I would guess you will find out when you try it if it's good or not.

broom jockey
07-22-2013, 08:10
At that price, I could put up with misfires. Then break'em down and reload.

androck14
07-22-2013, 04:06
Kinda what I'm thinking. It's about half what I've been paying.

leemozoid
07-24-2013, 11:01
Fiocchi is located in Ozark, MO south of Springfield. I thought Tula was Russian. Maybe they've contracted with a manufacturer in Italy?

Griff Murphey
07-25-2013, 04:29
I have fired two boxes (100 rds.) of the .45 230 gr., hardly an exhaustive test but basically it fired just like Winchester, no duds.

Art
07-27-2013, 05:47
Fiocci is an Italian munitions company. It just operates a one of its plants in MO. It's cheaper to make it here than ship it here from Europe. Tula is a Russian company but in addition to the ammo it makes in Russia it contracts out with other companies, especially in Eastern Europe to manufacture ammunition under its trademark. Privi is one of those companies that sometimes makes ammunition on contracts from Tula. Some sort of business partnership between Tula and Fiocci would not be unexpected. I have seen Winchester 7.62x54r ammunition manufactured by Sellier and Bellot. There is a good bit of cross pollination in the munitions business these days.