PDA

View Full Version : camp perry, other vintagw match

RickM
07-19-2013, 12:04
I was wondering if anyone here knows for sure. I have my krag... the metal is an unmolested rifle but the stock was sported. Am i still allowed to use it in match? I havent found a replacement stock yet

psteinmayer
07-19-2013, 07:35
At Camp Perry, it must be "As Issued" which means it can't be sporterized or modified in any way. Replacement parts are ok as long as they meet the specifications of the original parts. You could shoot any "As Issued" mechanically operated military rifle, including Mausers, Nagants, Arisakas, Swiss K31 (a very popular choice), etc. So if you have one of those, you could still compete.

However.... I'm not sure that there are still openings this close to the Nationals. You could call and ask... Even if you don't shoot, it's a riot to watch. If you're close enough to make it there, it's well worth it just to see what's happening. Call it homework for next year :)

Paul

madsenshooter
07-19-2013, 09:21
What stock do you need? I have a 92/96 that doesn't have in any metal in it at the moment. I'll be there both Fri and Sat, but it'd have to come home with me.

psteinmayer
07-20-2013, 07:33
That's a great idea Bob!!!

madsenshooter
07-20-2013, 09:22
One could probably get away with using a 92 or 96 rifle in the stock, it would be as issued, but not a 98, even though it would fit in there. He might not have to worry about a tech inspection anyway, I think they only check a few of the top finishers. There are a few nice ones on ebay right now, one 1896 made 92/96 stock that has had 3/16" cut off the butt. Since it had been double proofed, I had to check to see if it had a band spring at one time, nope, not a former 1896 Cadet stock.

psteinmayer
07-21-2013, 08:36
If you get a stock and registered for the Viale range on Friday morning (the 2nd), you could squad with Bob and I.

RickM
07-21-2013, 05:23
I was more looking to the future. I really like this krag. It is accurate as all get out. I. Urrently shoot ar in match and am thinking og shooting vintage again. Bib would it be possible to get your phone number i would like to discuss that stock with you thouhh i do t know what i need

madsenshooter
07-21-2013, 06:54
PM sent to you RickM.