PDA

View Full Version : My Beauty Has Arrived

Rickwv
07-07-2013, 08:18
Hi! I have been playing hide and watch here on the forum obsorbing as much of the massive amount of knowledge aviable here as I can. But a beauty arrived Friday and I could use some help with her HISTORY.

She is a Remington #3209366 with a Remington (RA) barrel with a flying bomb and a punch mark at the 7 o'clock position. The barrel date of 8-42. On the underside of the barrel is a P. Every other piece of metal from the front sight to the bolt and "selector" is stamped with the Remington R.

The stock is stamped with a FJA with a well defined rectangular outline just above the trigger and below the "selector" on the Port side. Just in front of the trigger guard and magazine metal is a well defined triangle (w/sharp points), a square and two circles are stamped also but I can't tell what the images are inside the stamps. Also it has a Circle R and a K on the stock.

I would love any info you can give me.

She is my third,I really knew "I could stop with just one". They stand there beside my teenage Love and still my Love my M1a1/M14 in the safe and the M1a just kind of looks at them with the respect due a WISE ELDER.

Thanks
Rick

Jeff L
07-07-2013, 08:44
Welcome! Sounds like a nice one. Can you post some pics?

Rick the Librarian
07-08-2013, 06:07
Does the stock have bolts or pins? Pictures, please!

Rickwv
07-08-2013, 08:15
Rick the L, JeffL It has been a decade since I posted pic's. So this could be an adventure.

Rick the L she has bolts.

another
Rick

Rick the Librarian
07-08-2013, 09:21
Always need a few more "Ricks" (obviously intelligent people! :D) in the crowd!

The stock sounds original.

Rickwv
07-08-2013, 06:08
Rick L
You spoke to soon it seems some Ricks are brighter than others. I got my pic"s into the album under the community drop down but I just can't get them into this thread. I followed Jeff L instructions contained in the sticky thread. Maybe I can get one of the nieghborhood kids to come in and explain what I am doing wrong! ( Without going to jail and a law suit).

Rick

Jeff L
07-08-2013, 10:57
Link to album: http://www.jouster.com/forums/album.php?albumid=294

Rick the Librarian
07-09-2013, 07:38
Thanks for the pictures - looks like a nice and original, as far as I can see. I notice the lower (middle) band is the earlier milled type. It should have a "U" stamp in the middle of the right side (assuming it is mounted correctly). Is there an "R" stamped just above that?

Rickwv
07-09-2013, 08:12
Rick The L

It does not have a "R" but it does have the "U" with the open end facing the muzzle end. I uploaded more flicks just now. Would know when she was made?

Thanks for the link Jeff L

RickWv

Rick the Librarian
07-09-2013, 08:26
Your rifle was serialized about August, 1942 (I am going by the receiver, not necessarily the barrel)If the lower band lacks an R the part is a replacement. Look carefully - sometimes they are not stamped very well.

Picture of Remington milled band below - note the "R" is quite a ways above the "U".

http://www.fototime.com/50E910DB88624DF/standard.jpg

Rickwv
07-09-2013, 09:27
Rick The L

As much as I would like to put an "R" on the lower band I can't find one. Even using bright LED Flash light and magnifing glass couldn't do it. But I did find an "8" on the grain(y) muzzle end of the stock under the barrel.

RickWv

DELETE PLEASE IT IS A OOPs!

Rickwv
07-09-2013, 09:40
Rick The L

As much as I would like to I can't put an "R" on the lower ban. Even using a bright LED light and a magnifying glass. But I did find an"8" on the rough grain end of the stock under the barrel.

When I purchased her I was not even thinking she would be this much orignal.

August was what I was thinking but just could not narrow it down.

Thaks
RickWv

Rick the Librarian
07-09-2013, 09:52
If everything is marked with an R EXCEPT the lower band, you still did fine.

Rickwv
07-10-2013, 07:41
Rick The L

Thanks for all the help and info! She will be my sweetheart even without an "R".

RickWv