PDA

View Full Version : L&S Gun parts vs ABCleigh or River Bank Armory

ncblksmth1
07-03-2013, 08:24
are any of these guys in possession of real flip sights?

Bolo-7
07-03-2013, 08:59
I think they might but that will not be what you receive. I'll see if I have one and PM you on CMP.

da gimp
07-04-2013, 03:25
NEVER, NEVER, BUY ANYTHING FROM RIVERBANK Armory, ............................. could well be the biggest fake USGI parts maker & dealer in the world................& longest running scam artist on them.....have no idea on the other company.....

Mike in NC
07-04-2013, 05:12
Be very wary of any that seems to have anything you need, especially rare parts. I would be very suspect of all three. If anyone doesn't allow returns, that should be a deal breaker. ABCLeigh is the same as Riverbank Armory. Riverbank also used a wide variety of aliases. Some of the new books feature pictures of fake parts, sad because a new generation of collectors will grow up thinking these are the real deal.

boykin
07-04-2013, 05:48
I have bought several items from Rick Larson over the years, from stocks to safeties to swivels, and all have been correct GI. He gives a 15 day return if not satisfied.

Tuna
07-04-2013, 07:43
Larson is the one who wrote the newest book on carbine parts and he used pictures of his fake parts that make them appear to be real ones. He even thanked his friend George who is Riverbank Armory in the book. L&S is Rick Larson and is in the same league as George. They have the very abundant late parts but sell their repos to unknowing buyers. So it's Buyer Beware!!!!!!

boykin
07-06-2013, 06:53
I am speaking about MY experience with Rick! Don't know about others, and don't know anything about the George fellow. I am not advertising for Rick or anyone else, but if a fellow can't tell the difference between a fake and genuine part in 15 days, he probably don't need to order anything IMHO.

Tuna
07-06-2013, 08:04
boykin, Just so you know that both are not to be trusted. Just try and get a refund back from Old George if you have bought one of his wonderful repo parts that he claims are real. He will say you changed it and are trying to rip him off. AND Larson of L&S who used pictures of fake parts in a book and there by insinuating that the parts in the pictures are real is NOT to be trusted. And his good friend is Old George at Riverbank and he said so in his book. Do a search on any of the carbine forums and you find many people that were ripped off by them. As I said the newer parts they have but not many if any of the old originals. It's Buyer Beware with both of these guys.

boykin
07-06-2013, 02:17
You know what they say about "Birds of a feather" just that I, personally, have not had a problem with Rick, but he would know not to send me a repro.

GusM
07-06-2013, 09:29
Apparently Riverbank's avarice doesn't end with repro parts. I bought 3 trigger housing pins from them. They put them in an envelope with $2.07 postage and charged $12+ for shipping.

Gus M

Gary D. Funderburg
07-11-2013, 07:31
I have bought parts from Rick and they were genuine.