PDA

View Full Version : Is there a "Krag family" that needs this sign?? :)

Rick the Librarian
06-26-2013, 06:04
No M1903 or Garand family members need apply!! :D

http://theliztonsignshop.com/street-sign/renderSign3.php?sid=fpark1001&elemVals=KRAG%7CFAMILY

(Seen on eBay, earlier today!)

psteinmayer
06-26-2013, 06:11
Send me one!!!

soldierofhistory1898
06-27-2013, 08:02
All you Krag shooters who are going to Camp Perry should have one of these and place them in the parking area at Viale Range just to show your solidarity and strenght in numbers. But I am sure the M.P.s (the ersatz gestapo as we called them) would not be too happy. I hope to be able to some of you all at the range this summer.

psteinmayer
06-27-2013, 06:17
I'll be there with Madsenshooter at Viale for the Friday morning squad! Look for me... I'm a large guy, so I'm not too hard to miss!

madsenshooter
06-27-2013, 09:45
Me, I'll be overnighting in the parking lot at the back of the range. I don't like all the walking caused by the locals getting there before sunrise. The lot is empty the night before, so.... Can't think of safer place to sleep than a military base. It would be funny to post a few of the signs on either side of my car.

psteinmayer
06-28-2013, 07:44
Post at least one and save me a parking spot Bob!

I got there around 5:00 last year for the Saturday Garand match and got a great spot about 50 yards from the tractor pickup point. I'll probably get there around the same time on Friday this year... we'll have to figure where to meet up, that us unless you save me a spot with a sign!

madsenshooter
06-28-2013, 08:03
I noticed last year that there are a lot of guys already out on the line before the tractors get started running. Those are the ones that wind up shooting on the small end of the line, where there's a little shelter from the wind. The early bird gets the worm. I haven't got around to getting a cart, so I'll be traveling light again this year. I'll be up there Thurs early enough to check in and maybe check out the store, not much fun to look when you can't buy. Hey, I'm still entering drawings for a weekend in Ann Arbor, it'd be nice if I could get a trip financed so I could shoot at Washtenaw at least once this year.

psteinmayer
06-29-2013, 07:55
Last year, I had a hell of a time on Friday... so Saturday, I had my stuff strapped to a hand truck. This year, the wife has graciously agreed to allow me to get something better (probably a less old hand truck, LOL). I may be able to cart your stuff too if we can meet at the pickup point. I will be there very early both days (along with my brother-in-law on Friday).... probably before 5:00 AM. With my bad hip and back problems, I don't want to have to walk tooooo far! I'm also bringing a couple folding chairs too!

If you do come to Washtenaw... let me know. Maybe I'll enter in that too!