PDA

View Full Version : Gibbs Rifle Co. 1903A4 Springfield Sniper Reproduction: Problems, Solutions & Scope W

The Shadow
06-23-2013, 05:14
Gibbs Rifle Co. 1903A4 Springfield Sniper Reproduction: Problems, Solutions & Scope Warning!

This is not a review of this rifle but an explanation of a problem mine had, the solution and a warning about the HI-Lux Malcolm scope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gJqaY6e0R4

Terry

ClaudeH
06-25-2013, 11:04
Accurate information, well presented. This video needs wide distribution. But I kind of wondered why you didn't give the telephone number for the factory. Or did I miss it?

The Shadow
06-25-2013, 12:21
Merely an oversight. Here is the number given to me by Gibbs:

Factory: 717-738-4440
Ask for "Dean"
Closed on Fridays.

Terry

BruceHMX
06-25-2013, 03:12
Great video. On a side note I made your Newlywed Chicken a few days ago with fried rice. Did it in a dutch oven rather than a crock pot still turned out fantastic.

The Shadow
06-25-2013, 04:05
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the chicken recipe. My wife usually makes it in the oven but I adapted it for the crockpot.

Terry

Nate
06-25-2013, 10:20
Sadly, I bought one of these rifles without doing my homework and found it to be a piece of junk. I won't detail all the problems but I finally got the thing to function and it shoots OK now. I would not recommend this rifle since there are much higher quality ones for sale. Hope yours is better than mine.

The Shadow
06-26-2013, 05:50
Actually, I have no complaints about the overall build quality of the rifle. The fit and finish are well done, the bolt functions smoothly and the trigger is excellent. It seems to be quite accurate so far. The problems I had were caused by an obvious lack of attention by individual who mounted the scope. Not real impressed by GRC customer service either. A gun manufacturer who only puts his advertising dept. number on his website seems a little strange to me.

Terry