PDA

View Full Version : AR-15 trigger "reset"

RED
06-21-2013, 10:22
My son bought me his brand new CMMG M-4 clone right out of the box. Bottom line is that every 2 or 3 rounds the trigger doesn't reset and you have to urge the trigger forward just a bit. When you do, you can hear the hammer drop to the sear and the rifle will fire when you pull the trigger. The both the trigger spring and the hammer spring appear to be installed corerectly.

The factory will fix it but we don't like the turn around time they are talking about. Any suggestions?

Oh, just for FYI, between the 2 of us we have 4 of these lowers, 2 with dedicated .22LR uppers and 2, with .223 tops but the lowers are all the same. We have had problems with 2 of the 4. TIA

p246
06-21-2013, 12:39
If I had extras I'd send it back since it should have been right. But if your totally against that I'd blast it with cleaner and air first. I've seen new manufactured guns with enough fines left over to cause issues. Also double check that springs are in correctly. If that does not work pull HTS and make sure they are machined well and no rough interfaces. If you have an extra springs to put back in I'd do so in case one is weak. Good luck, lets us know how it works out. CMMG makes a good product IMO.

joem
06-21-2013, 02:31
Will there be a liability issue if you work on it yourself? I'd opt to send it back and let them assume the liability in case something goes wrong. Just my $0.02.

RED
06-21-2013, 03:09
Of course you guys are right... It just pee's me off to spend that much money amd have to send it back (for a very minor, and probably easily fixed problem) and have to wait 6 months for them to get "aroundtuit."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v156/ibfestus/aroundtuit.jpg

k arga
06-21-2013, 03:46
is the disconector spring in the right way, it can be put in upside down.

p246
06-21-2013, 05:04
6 months coworker sent one back a few months ago and had it back in 5 or 6 weeks, but it has been insane lately. I do understand how you feel about it.

da gimp
08-27-2013, 08:02
Red,

Before the present (last 12 months or better) insanity in the gun world....... Colt & Smith & Wesson both had as usual a 6 month turn around with any factory service/repair/warrantee work............ Since Sandy Hook, it is my understanding that all the major mftr's cannot give an accurate date on estimated turn arounds............ CMMG does make daam good rifles & assemblies............I'd check the disconnectors & see if the rifles have just a tad of good wheel bearing grease on both the uppers & the lowers, where needed.............