View Full Version : marlin model 39

06-11-2013, 02:40
1930-31 paid 500.00 excellent cond.

SMOKEY
06-11-2013, 04:36
Love the sound of a lever gun makes when cocking it

4F4Nam
06-12-2013, 08:39
I gave $275 for a 39A at an auction about 8 years ago. At the time they were generally bringing quite a bit more, but this one had the barrel D&T for a side mount, and the whole gun was FILTHY! After getting it cleaned up, (except for the horrible forearm finish) replacing the broken buttplate, plugging the screw holes, and scoping it (the right way) it is one of the best shooting .22's I have.
I think you did really good on yours. Hope it shoots for ya!

Ed

Art
06-19-2013, 01:30
A blast from my personal past. The first .22 I ever shot was one of those old model Marlin 39s that belonged to the planter whose land we lived on at the time. My father would take my brother and I out and we'd shoot at tin cans and persimmons with it. The old gun was a nice shooter. The rifles are now not only expensive but seldom show up used. One of those firearms folks just can't let themselves get rid of. I bought a Model 39A carbine back in the early 90s, nice gun since it came drilled and tapped I had one of the Williams receiver sights that were especially made for it installed. Though I never found it to be exactly a "tack driver" it was more than adequate for the purposes I bought it for, and I had a lot of fun with it. My brother has it now, he mentioned that he was nostalgic about the old 39 he first shot so it lives at his house.