PDA

View Full Version : Check this **** out, fake cartouche stamp...

Pentz
06-09-2013, 08:21
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KRAG-JORGENSEN-SPRINGFIELD-TRAP-DOOR-1898-CARTOUCHE-STAMP-DIE-/200932895074?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ec888a962

On fleabay...scum sucking fakers....

Rick the Librarian
06-09-2013, 08:40
I don't know if it's the same guy, but stamps for M1903 "reproductions," as well as M1 stocks, etc. are very common on eBay. Obviously their "sales" are behind a large number of the fake stocks seen on eBay and other places. Another "humper" marks stocks, no questions asked - he posts on the CMP forum once in a while.

No use for them, either!

Dick Hosmer
06-09-2013, 10:04
Great minds think alike - I JUST got done turning him in to Ebay!! How about a BUNCH of us do the same? (but not all the same day)

Kragrifle
06-10-2013, 05:24
Not even a reasonable reproduction. Very poor quality, would not fool anyone with that stamp.

Kragrifle
06-10-2013, 05:26
Brings to mind a 1903 rifle that is currently on Gunbroker, sorry forgot the number. Rifle is a very nice piece, looks like maybe one of the late , pre WWII rifles. Then they show the cartouche and it jumps at you as being a horrible fake. Messed up an otherwise nice rifle.

Rick the Librarian
06-10-2013, 06:02
Not even a reasonable reproduction. Very poor quality, would not fool anyone with that stamp.

Unfortunately, I see people proudly show off their rifles with fake stamps all the time, thinking they have something "authentic". I especially remember a discussion on the CMP forum a couple of years ago about use of these fake inspection stamps. To my surprise, I found myself in the minority in criticizing the use of these stamps and had at least a couple of people (probably those with dirty fingers) told me to mind my own business!!

I seriously doubt eBay will do anything about this guy - these stamps have been for sale for some time.

madsenshooter
06-10-2013, 04:16
I wanna get a set to do my camo laminated Garand stock! It should have an Elmer Keith stamp.