PDA

View Full Version : High standard 107

aintright
06-02-2013, 06:56
Got my old High Standard 107 out today and ran some rounds through it . Shooting across top of car on sand bag I was able to get a couple one inch groups at 28 yds . It has the 7inch fluted barrel and a 5 1/2" alumalite barrel with LSP scope base . The one inch groups where fired with the fluted barrel open sights and the alumnalite barrel had a tasco 1.5X 30mm tube on it . It shot some three shot groups that where under 1/2inch . Used Federal 900B ammo . It is great fun shooting this pistol in either configuration . Nice pistols , Kenneth

Jim in Salt Lake
06-03-2013, 09:32
I have one of those, too. Has two barrels, the fluted barrel you have and a 5 1/2 steel bull barrel. I've never used the fluted barrel, don't think it's ever been on the gun. It's one of our favorite .22s, absolutely murder on tin cans. I agree, Kenneth, nice pistols, "they don't make 'em like that anymore."

aintright
06-03-2013, 06:58
Yes sir , of all my handguns it is my favorite to shoot . You wouldn't have a good suggestion on where to find a cross draw holster for it would you . I like to carry it deer hunting and a cross draw makes it easy for the occasional set down . What do you carry yours in ? i think I am going to start shooting it more and get back with the open sights , a little more friendly for carry . In the past i have had several handguns scoped and they have all proven to be cumbersume to carry .Kenneth

Jim in Salt Lake
06-04-2013, 08:58
I don't have a holster for it but I agree, one of those cross draw or cross draw shoulder holsters would be pretty nice for carrying. I don't think I've ever seen a holster made for this pistol but I'd think a soft, nylon, Uncle Mike's generic holster would work. I really don't carry mine, my Dad bought it when I was a kid and we were shooting bullseye competitions. We've only ever used it for targets and tin cans. Might have to reconsider the hunting aspect, going after bunnies could be a blast.

aintright
06-04-2013, 03:35
"Going after bunnies would be a blast" yep , and tasty to boot,Kenneth

Jay Johnson
06-05-2013, 09:15
I've been collecting High Standard pistols for over 30 years, the 107's were the pinnacle of the High Standard military grip target .22's, after the 107 came the # series and fit and finish just wasn't the same. I have a Trophy and a Citation in the 107 series, the Trophy has the 7" fluted barrel and the Citation has the 5.5" bull barrel, both are excellent shooters.

Jim in Salt Lake
06-06-2013, 09:07
Jay, mine is a Trophy, it has both barrels. What was the difference between the Trophy and Citation?

Jay Johnson
06-06-2013, 05:07
Not a lot, the Citation had all of the desired target equipment of the Trophy, lacking only the flash of the gold plated trigger and safety; the Citation, just as the Trophy, was available with either the 7" fluted barrel or the 5.5" bull barrel. The Trophy is the rarer or the two, High Standard produced apx. 37K military grip Trophies (total production/all series) verses the Citation with the military grip at apx. 58K (total production/all series).

glindes
06-07-2013, 02:31
I dug out my High Standard Sharpshooter-M. I has been a "safe queen" for a long time...shame on me. Prolly gonna ventilate a few tin cans today. Thanks, Geoff

aintright
06-07-2013, 07:22
http://www.lonestarholsters.com/bhcustom

http://www.epsaddlery.com/

Have been talking to these people and they seem to have nice selection and willing to work with you on making what you want in your choice of style . Kenneth

Jim in Salt Lake
06-10-2013, 08:52
Not a lot, the Citation had all of the desired target equipment of the Trophy, lacking only the flash of the gold plated trigger and safety; the Citation, just as the Trophy, was available with either the 7" fluted barrel or the 5.5" bull barrel. The Trophy is the rarer or the two, High Standard produced apx. 37K military grip Trophies (total production/all series) verses the Citation with the military grip at apx. 58K (total production/all series).

Thanks, Jay! I'll have to do some digging and learn more.

John Stimson
07-17-2015, 06:20

Dance's numbers are a bit off based on more recent analysis of the data. All Military Supermatic Trophies 47,000. All Military Supermatic Citations 65,000.

http://www.histandard.info/PDF2011/Dance%20Appendix%20%20K.pdf

Bob L
07-17-2015, 06:26
cross draw holster for a single action revolver w/ 7.5" bbl. fits perfect. I just checked 3 different ones, and all fit great.

bug
07-20-2015, 05:15
You guys wouldn't know of anyone with a spare 5.5" barrel they could spare, would ya?

Bob D

Jim in Salt Lake
07-21-2015, 11:49
Call these folks: http://www.highstandard.com/index.php/contact-us-hs I've talked to them at the SHOT show. See if they'll sell you a barrel.