PDA

View Full Version : Wwii m1 carbine paratrooper model

anton67
05-18-2013, 11:47
Hello,
I am considering purchasing this M1 Carbine.
Any thoughts on authenticity?
Also, what would be a fair price?
Thank you in advance

anton67
05-18-2013, 11:48
more pics

anton67
05-18-2013, 11:50
last pics

boykin
05-18-2013, 01:53
Looks reparked to me but can't tell much more from the picts.

jim c 351
05-18-2013, 04:28
Looks nice. How about a pic with the stock folded??
Jim C

cplnorton
05-18-2013, 05:33
I don't know if I like the rivets on the cheekpad. I am far from an expert on the rivets, but those rivets look pretty shiny and new. Compared to some corrosion I see in other places on the metal of the stock. That is sort of a red flag to me that I would investigate more. I know they used brass rivets in some of the early stocks. But they look pretty new.

Also any pics of the buttplate markings? That will tell a lot too.

And I'm not sure Type I stocks would have been used that late into production by Inland. I know there was an overlap to Type II production and it might be ok. But that is getting to be a later serial.

Also I would want a pic of the underside of the top II band. Just to make sure someone didn't cut down a Type III. I've seen a lot faked that way.

cplnorton
05-18-2013, 05:44
As for the finish I think that is ok. I would also ask for pics of the pin on the front sight. Any evidence of removal and it is most likely a restoration. Also any type III barrel band shadow on the barrel?

I always hate ordering carbines online and won't about do it anymore unless I know the person. Everyone I have bought online from someone I didn't know, and was listed as original, was not. A Carbine is one I really like to hold in my hands to buy. They are so humped up anymore and some places such as pot marks under a flip sight are hard to see without looking in person and a good flashlight.

anton67
05-18-2013, 06:33
Thank you for your input. I am going to look at it I person this week. What is a fair price assuming it is authentis?

Johnny in Texas
05-18-2013, 08:27
The stock is too early for the s/n carbine in it. The the wood looks too good in a few ways with out close pics no way to value and the is no point putting a price what it may be. Nice original M1A1 carbines go for 2K-3K +
but there is even 1 repro part on it or fake cartouche then 600.00

anton67
05-19-2013, 06:06
That is what I wanted to know.
Thank you