PDA

View Full Version : Marlin model 7000?

Guamsst
05-09-2013, 12:19
Did I buy the prototype or what? I tried looking for parts for the Marlin model 7000 and have turned up zero matches on the gun auctions and Ebay. It looks like a tiny model 70 police sniper in semi auto. Bull barrel and boringly accurate out to about 125yds then is still great for a .22

I know it was high dollar for a basic semi auto .22 when I bought it but I thought there would be aleast one or two hits on the internet. Is this a spinoff of another model that I need to search for?

gwp
05-09-2013, 04:52
Brownells has some parts.

http://www.brownells.com/schematics/Marlin-/7000-sid307.aspx

A web search found some information on the Marlin 700

https://startpage.com/do/metasearch.pl?query=Marlin+model+7000&cat=web&pl=ie&language=english

Guamsst
05-09-2013, 05:22
Thanks, it looks like it is a heavy Model 795 which is what I was trying to find out. By internet hits I meant on Ebay and gun auctions. I am assuming they just didn't sell allot of these. Or, maybe no one ever parts with them.

Found a video of a guy shooting golfballs at 100mtrs. I found it odd he talked about having to clean it up really good after every 150rds or so. I put 5,000 or so through mine without cleaning the internals and it was fine. He also complained about the trigger. Mine is fine, maybe it needs more carbon fouling to smooth it out....LOL

Emri
05-11-2013, 05:52
It is basically a Model 60, but with a "clip" feed. Most mechanical parts would be the same as a Model 60. The model specific parts would be the magazine, mag catch, bolt release lever and some others specific to that feed system. Yes, the Model 60's are pretty much bullet proof. Just shoot them until they won't eject anymore and then wash out in the parts cleaner, oil, re-assemble and go back to shooting. Marlin has made that same basic model for over 40 years and still offere the Model 60 tube fed.

FWIW,

Emri

Guamsst
05-11-2013, 06:32
Emri, I noticed when I took it apart ( I am modifying the hell out of it) the stock had a seriously odd inletting style...then I chuckled because I realised it had the channel cut for the tube feed. This just backs up your assertion of how similar it is to the model 60.

Right now I am mounting an AR varmint style cheek riser, rediculously oversized Leapers scope which will clear the barrel by about 1/16 of an inch and just used epoxy putty to mold finger grooves into the grip. By the time I am done I fully expect everyone who sees it to say "What the heck is that?"...LOL I also hope to get a little more accuracy out of it just due to better optics than the old Tasco 3X9 and much better comfort/steadiness. Although, it is pretty well maxed out for a .22 straight from the factory.