PDA

View Full Version : Ran across 2 packages of Colt 20's from Vietnam era '66 and '69 w/pics

Johnny in Texas
05-08-2013, 10:51
I bought these over twenty years ago for got I had them. New unused mags. Does anyone know the maker on the 4 pack?

Duane
05-20-2013, 05:19
The CH on the edge of the magazine is explained in the following:

[2-1-2] Colt
-------
All Colt-marked magazines were actually made by a sub contractor, Universal Industries, a division of Okay Industries. GI-Contract Colt 20s had alloy followers and are marked with a "UI" stamp (for Universal Industries) on the front narrow wall of the magazine. Tilted on it's side, the "UI" becomes a "CH" (Colt, Hartford). The US Military switched to 30-round magazines in the early 1970s, and Colt-marked 20s made after the switch had black plastic followers. Anodizing is generally gray or silver in color.
Back

This information came from the website link that is included below. Hope this is what you are looking for.

http://magfaq.tripod.com/mags1.htm#2e

Sorry, I just noticed that you may not have opened the four pack. I probably did not answer your question.

Johnny in Texas
05-20-2013, 09:05
I just bought 2 20rrounders with Black plastic followers and wondered if they were original to the mags. Thanks for the info.
Also wanted to know if the 4 pack marking show Colt as the MFG'er or someone else??

Roscoe Snyder
05-21-2013, 07:34
I just bought 2 20rrounders with Black plastic followers and wondered if they were original to the mags.

They could be. Are they marked "[Colt logo] CAL.5.56MM/COLT'S FIREARMS DIVISION/COLT INDUSTRIES/HARTFORD,CONN.USA" ?
If you look on the right inside of the body you should find an Okay logo.

pmclaine
05-24-2013, 01:45
Those are nice. a friend of mine just gave me a Colt 20 rounder probably from the same era. The follower is aluminum. Neat thing about the exterior of the box is that it almost looks chrome it so shiny. His was obtained as surplus when he was an armorer for 2nd Recon at Onlsow many, many years ago.

Id like to get more if you are considering a sale.

Rick the Librarian
05-28-2013, 11:57
I'd like 1-2, also, if you are considering selling.

Johnny in Texas
05-28-2013, 01:47
Not selling, these are more collector than user really. I am curious if the 4 pack is Colt mfg coded. I think the shiny mag may be a rare original mag Colt sold with there nickle plated AR-15. Both are very rare. Post a picture of the mag. please.

pmclaine
05-29-2013, 06:28
Not selling, these are more collector than user really. I am curious if the 4 pack is Colt mfg coded. I think the shiny mag may be a rare original mag Colt sold with there nickle plated AR-15. Both are very rare. Post a picture of the mag. please.

Ill be surprised if its rare considering from where it was sourced but it is an item that interests me. I will post some pictures when I get a chance and would appreciate any info that can date it for my own curiosity.

If it turns out to be the rare Colt original nickle plated mag maybe it would be worth trading a 4 pack of those old run of the mill mags:icon_lol:.