PDA

View Full Version : Update--Triangle w/HEG

George in NH
04-18-2013, 11:52
Thought I would start a new thread to get more attention.....If I made a mistake, please move it.
The owner of the HB pistol with the Triangle HEG marked rear sight called Mr. Clark in Louisiana, Mr. Clark stated that he had heard of a Mr. Heg somewhere in Louisiana or near to that was a known HB gun builder. Mr. Clark thought that Mr. Heg was active in the sixties and forward. Mr. Clark has asked for pics and that should be done shortly by the owner of the pistol. One good tidbit from Mr. Clark is that early guns done by his Dad where not marked as to the origin. Only later guns carry the Clark name. Mr. Clark was not asked when the family name began to be applied to the pistol, usually the slide I gather. George in NH

Johnny P
04-18-2013, 01:01
According to Bill Jenkins in his book on military match pistols, the HEG stood for Hancock, Ellison, and Gano who produced equipment for match pistols.

The early Jim Clark pistols were marked inside, but don't know if his very first ones were marked or not.

fred205
07-23-2013, 03:56
Hello
Can you tell me how the sight is adjusted. Would appreciate pics of top opened view/side views etc.I purchased one for a High standard 22lr and where the adjustment screw(elevation)is located there is a hole directly located below the adjustment screw. Appears there should be a nut or threated hole?? Any help wouls be appreciated. Thanks Fred

George in NH
07-25-2013, 10:38
fred205,
Sir,
I will check with the owner of the pistol and see if he knows how to adjust the rear sight.......

George in NH