PDA

View Full Version : Red Dawn remake

Barryeye
04-10-2013, 02:59
I watched the new “Red Dawn” last night on DVD. It was never on general release here and went straight to DVD and that is never a good sign. IMHO It was ****e. The original I found amusing and entertaining but no classic. The remake could have been much better but fails miserably.
The Chinese invade the USA and for some reason have more than enough troops to drop on a small town of no apparent strategic value. The Gung Hoe locals form a resistance group around a grid iron team (sorry but I can’t call it football) and fight back.
After making the film it was decided for marketing reasons only that the Chinese invaders would become North Korean invaders and digital and audio changes were made.
This was still an unlikely but interesting concept for entertainment but the director and script writers failed big time. My advice. Don’t go see it on the big screen. Don’t rent or buy it on DVD. Wait till it comes on TV but keep the remote in your hand.
Barry

Fred
04-10-2013, 03:06
Thanks

PKelly
04-10-2013, 03:16
The original's a better movie, and that's saying something. The new effort's complete tripe/

Guamsst
04-15-2013, 07:01
The original had a great deal of validity. Look at operations in Afghanistan. The Soviets did allot of recon, checkpoints and random searches in rural areas trying to mop up the resistance. Same thing in Red Dawn. The "wolverines" were facing these units, not a massive spearhead. Supposedly they had overrun the more populated areas already in the movie. Without nukes, our military could not handle a war of attrition with the Soviets over a long period of time.....atleast according to the Soviets and most realistic assessments. What the Soviets could never handle and their math always showed this was a war of attrition against rednecks.

Griff Murphey
05-12-2013, 05:17
NYC, New Jersey, Connecticut, and California would surrender without a shot. Well, maybe not Dan Shapiro...

John Sukey
05-13-2013, 08:09
North Korea? ROTFLMAO! I could possibly understand the russians, but just HOW would the norks get here????

dave
05-13-2013, 10:50
Well the NK are thearting to zNuke some smaller town in TX.
The original Red Dawn had Cuban troops as the bad guys, maybe Russian advisors, don't remember. 'Go to the local gun shop and collect the 4473 forms'!

Griff Murphey
05-13-2013, 05:09
Depends on what you call "small." Austin is the Capitol of Texas, 825,000 in the city and over a million in the county. That was the city he threatened specifically. Probably the most liberal city in Texas, its most visible motto is "keep Austin weird."

Guamsst
05-19-2013, 07:06
Depends on what you call "small." Austin is the Capitol of Texas, 825,000 in the city and over a million in the county. That was the city he threatened specifically. Probably the most liberal city in Texas, its most visible motto is "keep Austin weird."

If Austin was a border town we'd probably redistrict it to another state....LOL