PDA

View Full Version : aim surplus 03A3 Remington receiver arrived

p246
04-09-2013, 07:26
Initial opinion. Was Zinc reparked after repairs. Repark is done well and is a medium grey. Any weld repair at barrel face was done well. In fact I can not tell if any repairs were done. Unfortunately mag cut off clean up was done poorly. I plan to clean that area up and repark it. Receiver is in 3 mil range.

p246
04-10-2013, 12:29
Correction upon sandblasting finish is a bake on like norells. Was suspect because I've never got park to take right to repair areas. Some light heat transfer marks on lower receiver barrel face. No depth penetration. Couldnt have been much of a weld. Should make a shooter.

chuckindenver
04-10-2013, 07:13
said finish is paint...nothing more fancy then that...another miss leading advert.
standard paint remover takes it off pretty fast.
if they would just say what they have, whats been done, and what you will get...they would have less returns and issues...
the truth...it will set you free.

p246
04-10-2013, 03:45
I agree Chuck. I called for my order and knew I was getting a drill receiver. I was told 80 to 90% arsenal refinish. Hmmmm I assume one can twist that how ever they want. Finish did not matter anyway. The repair on rear cutoff hump was so poorly done I had to redo it. When test fitting the mag cut off it would bind up because lower portion of round surface had a high spot. I actually care more about heat transfer on barrel ring as I can't fix too much of that. Overall I'll make it a shooter but will probably go back to finding receivers at shows.

chuckindenver
04-10-2013, 03:53
it should be fine. watch for ring crush when you install the barrel, and bolt, iv sent a couple back..im sure they just sent them to someone else.

1mark
04-10-2013, 07:27
Chuck PM inbound