PDA

View Full Version : Blued slide release on US&S

jonnyo55
04-08-2013, 11:30
Hello to all. My US&S (108652x) M1911A1 appears to be all original, including the Du-Lite finish, but it features a blued slide stop...not noted in any of my references. All the blued parts noted are mag release (check) and trigger (check). My feeling is that this is original and correct...what have you guys seen? Enclosed is a pic...

P.S. It's hard to tell from the picture, but the machining pattern on the slide stop is NOT of a smooth, commercial nature...is clearly wartime production. The slide "P" is centered, the barrel bushing and MSH display US&S characteristics, and the barrel is a blue "HS".

Johnny P
04-08-2013, 01:17
Everything on the US&S was blued. On some of the small parts other than the trigger you will find where they just missed the sandblasting operation, and are a rough polished blue.

Here is one that only part of the slide stop was sandblasted before blueing.

http://i50.tinypic.com/of5w90.jpg

Johnny P
04-08-2013, 01:33
Here is another with no sandblasting on the slide stop. I have a feeling the small parts were sandblasted en masse, and all just didn't get sandblasted.

http://i45.tinypic.com/a170he.jpg

jonnyo55
04-08-2013, 03:03
Thanks....is there any info as to where/ to whom US&S pistols were shipped, other than to a stateside ordnance depot?

Johnny P
04-08-2013, 03:43
There is no shipping information at all on the US&S pistols.

meterman
04-18-2013, 02:18
Well, I saw 250 of them at the USCG Base Alameda armory, in the spring/summer of 1963. Got detailed to work in the arms room while waiting transfer. The GM2 in charge knew that I knew something about pistols, and so he asked me if I wanted to see a US&S 1911. "I've seen them, " I told him. He smiled and said, "Want to see 250 of them?" Yeah, I did.

Doug Douglass
04-30-2013, 05:36
Well, I saw 250 of them at the USCG Base Alameda armory, in the spring/summer of 1963. Got detailed to work in the arms room while waiting transfer. The GM2 in charge knew that I knew something about pistols, and so he asked me if I wanted to see a US&S 1911. "I've seen them, " I told him. He smiled and said, "Want to see 250 of them?" Yeah, I did.

Government Island, I remember it well. Wish I could have seen those US&S's. Were they USCG marked as was common?