PDA

View Full Version : First year for NRA Sales rifle

m1903rifle
04-07-2013, 03:57
Does anyone know what year the first NRA rifle sales were made?

Rick the Librarian
04-07-2013, 04:04
Do you mean the NRA Sporters or the service rifles sold before WWI?

m1903rifle
04-07-2013, 06:33
I should have been more specific. I am referring to the rifles sold before WW1 to the NRA members, some of which had the trigger guards marked with the bomb and N.R.A.

John Beard
04-07-2013, 07:59
Does anyone know what year the first NRA rifle sales were made?

Yes.

J.B.

Michael Petrov
04-07-2013, 09:29
Now that's funny, reminded me of one time I was pulled over by a nice policeman who walked up to my car and said "Do you have a drivers License" I answered "Yes" and just sat there.

Rick the Librarian
04-08-2013, 05:06
Now that's funny, reminded me of one time I was pulled over by a nice policeman who walked up to my car and said "Do you have a drivers License" I answered "Yes" and just sat there.

...and how many days was it before you got released on bail??? :D

m1903rifle
04-08-2013, 05:23
John,
Was it 1909?

John Beard
04-08-2013, 08:20
John,
Was it 1909?

No.

J.B.

JohnPeeff
04-08-2013, 08:36
I have a 1910 Rock Island NRA. Has a 1910 R.I. sling and a spare parts container in the butt. I probably paid too much for it 6 or 7 yrs ago.

Fred
04-09-2013, 09:23
As I get older, I'm beginning to think that one really never pays too much for a thing that they want. They just pay what they are willing to part with at the time to obtain that thing. I guess the value of a thing is something that each person must asses for themselves. Nobody can really do that for them in spite of excellent guide books like Flayderman's. In the final score, If you want a difficult to obtain something and there's finaly one of those something's in front of you for sale, Who's to say you are paying too much for it at that time? At least you'll be taking posession of it as opposed to loosing it.

rebound
04-09-2013, 09:59
Fred,
I think you are right on track 100%.. You get my vote on rhat.......

Fred
04-09-2013, 11:26
Thanks. I like to think I am because I've finaly gotten to where I'll lay down more money than a lot of guys are willing to for something that I really want. I suppose that's really all part of the process of a thing steadily going up in collector value. Sometimes somebody has to be the one to just finaly pay the man what he wants for a thing. For better or worse, that's how Correct and Original and Unaltered WWI 03's have gone from $150.00 to $1,500.00 and more in the past 40 years. The money allways seemed to wind up being spent on something esle anyway and then I didn't have it OR the thing. I'm just trying to use some of that 20-20 eye sight I can see with in the rear view mirror. LOL

George in NH
04-09-2013, 11:41
We never pay too much for a good gun; we just pay it too soon!!

George in NH

rebound
04-09-2013, 11:53
I rhink part of what the answer is, you an't no spring chicken anymore and you can't take it with you. So enjoy it while your still on the right side of the sod.

As for me I've sold off most of my collection. Let someone else enjoy 'em.. Because when I cross the bar my family has no interest in my toys..... Still keeped a few to keep me interested......

William R. Hansen
05-21-2013, 07:15
Greetings Michael,
I've question for you on another subject. Please contact me on my private E-mail, OK: "WmofGlenCrest@att.net". A preview is this subject.....

I'm curious about a banded M903 H.B. mount installed on special M1903rifles made by the SA for insider customers used in conjunction with the tapered dove-tail Neidner mounts for A5 and Fecker scopes in the early 20's.

Regards,
Bill Hansen, Remington Society of America

Rick the Librarian
05-22-2013, 06:35
As I get older, I'm beginning to think that one really never pays too much for a thing that they want. They just pay what they are willing to part with at the time to obtain that thing. I guess the value of a thing is something that each person must asses for themselves. Nobody can really do that for them in spite of excellent guide books like Flayderman's. In the final score, If you want a difficult to obtain something and there's finaly one of those something's in front of you for sale, Who's to say you are paying too much for it at that time? At least you'll be taking posession of it as opposed to loosing it.

Fred, can I quote you to my wife??? :D

Fred
05-22-2013, 11:14
Sue Rick! I've presented that bit of logic to my wife and she agrees fully with it. The only really deciding factor is whether or not one has the required money at the time to trade for the item desired. Don't forget though, your wife might use that logic to her advantage as well!