PDA

View Full Version : Value of Jap Mod 99 ?

coonhound
04-04-2013, 05:57
A friend has a Jap 99 in excellent condition and he is looking to sell due to moving to a retirement facility. Mum intact, serial numbers match, dust cover, original sling and bayonet. Any ideas on what a fair value would be ? I have seen the rifle and it is in excellent shape, bright bore, etc. It must be a later production m odel as there are no aircraft sights. Thanks in advance for replies

Guamsst
04-04-2013, 06:28
Depends on location mostly. T99 in as described condition is worth round $250-$350 in most places. Some might ask $500. This is really the hard part and is based on location more than anything. Were is the rifle located?

Dust cover=$50. Leather sling=$75-$100 Bayonets are around $125 but variations can go up to $1800. Common late war bayonets can fetch $200.

So, what state is it located in? and any chance to post pics?

psteinmayer
04-04-2013, 06:50
Does it have the Monopod? I paid $350 for my Toyo Kogyo Series 31 with intact mum, anti-aircraft wings, chrome lined barrel, and matching numbers... but missing the monopod and dust cover (I now have both ) and with a duffle-cut stock (now repaired)!!!

pdawg1911
04-14-2013, 06:50
On Gunbroker, you can search on completed auctions. Just use a search string like Type 99 or Arisaka. Prices vary depending on the condition and arsenal/year manufactured, and where it is being presented. I have seen some that were stone cold minty, with unturned screws still staked that went for over $1K, but you generally don't see them in that condition very often. As stated by Guamsst photos of the rifle would be helpful.

Regards,
Pat

pdawg1911
04-16-2013, 06:11
Hey this should be fun. Jack-the-Dog auction on Auction Arms on a Type-99. This will be example of a top dollar price for a Type-99. In fact if I could get the prices that Jack gets, I would probably be tempted to sell my entire collection and start over again !!!

http://classic.gunauction.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=11952051

Regards,
Pat