PDA

View Full Version : USMC Re-build stock

6thMARDIV
04-04-2013, 04:15
So, a guy came into work yesterday telling me about his '03 purchase. Rifle has all the attributes of a genuine USMC rebuild. The only down side to the rifle is that someone inlaid a silver dollar into the side of the stock.

Would there be any chance of locating another USMC rebuild stock IE: scrubbed cartouches, red finish in either a GG style or a scant stock ? Rifle has scant stock now.

Just wondering.

Calif Steve
04-04-2013, 09:02
CMP has/had Scant Stocks. Bet bet is grab one and make it work.

Art
04-05-2013, 01:55
About any stock can be a USMC rebuild stock. The Marines got stocks from the army and recycled the stocks they had on hand through various rifles. The fact that the Marines didn't usually add stock markings only adds to the possible confusion. The only thing that can be said with some certainty about USMC rifles is that almost nothing is certain, and a host of variations are possible.

ClaudeH
04-06-2013, 02:29
Maybe an artfully done patch would retain more authenticity?

citizenkane
04-07-2013, 06:32
I have a USMC rebuild that someone inlaid a small plaque into it. The plaque is gone but there is a rough rectangle of missing wood. I picked up a nice 03 stock at the OGCA show and am planning on dropping it into that. If I thought someone could do a good looking patch on it I would go for it bit I can imagine it would ever look right.