PDA

View Full Version : 1939 Colt 1911A1 & Colt 191A1 1940

coltgrabber
04-03-2013, 07:24
I have acquired a 1939 Colt 1911A1, one of 3,636 pistols made for the U.S. Navy and a 1940 Colt 1911A1 Commercial with Swartz Safety. Both are virtually 100% gorgeous & correct. The problem is a well-known West-Coast dealer sold them both to a friend of mine who swears they are real and paid “real” money for them. I took them to the Louisville show and a couple of advanced collectors stated they were restored in their opinion. I have always suspected they were restored but am not 100% sure, since this West Coast dealer was also a legitimate well-known collector. I will be at this weekend’s BIG show at table 21A5 if you want to see them and give your opinion. You would not be able to tell from photos so none will be posted here. They both will be for sale. If you have questions you can email me at coltgrabber@yahoo.com.

Duane Hansen
04-03-2013, 12:10
Are we talking about DB...by chance? If so, he definately had some nice stuff early on but the later stuff would all have to be called into question.

coltgrabber
04-03-2013, 01:11
Are we talking about DB...by chance? If so, he definately had some nice stuff early on but the later stuff would all have to be called into question.

I will neither confirm nor deny. :) I think you said you were coming to T Town this week end. Come by & see them.