PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Powder

Hagar
04-01-2013, 05:48
Gang,

I used your advice to determine if my 8# jug of IMR 4895 is still good and it is. My buddy, Bob, is in need of some and I'm still recovering from my Agent Orange complications so I'd like to ship it to him. He's in N. Carolina and I'm in California. Anyone know the procedure to legally ship it to him?

Many thanks,

Hagar

Tuna
04-01-2013, 06:26
The powder is supposed to be in it's original container and you have to ship it UPS so you will have the shipping cost and the hazmat fee. The box you ship it in has to be marked but I forget what it's supposed to be marked as.

tmark
04-01-2013, 08:21
Call UPS and ask them how to ship the powder or try their website. Try asking this question on Ask.com.

Hagar
04-02-2013, 04:20
Gang,

Thanks for the help. I went on the web and found that UPS has special Haz-Mat shipping stores here in Sacramento. I called one (It helps if you are fluent in the Hindu language) and all you have to do is bring it to them in the original jug and they'll pack, mark and ship it to a private individual in another State. I'll give it to my brother to take it to them and will let you know the cost (I know that it won't be cheap but Bob needs the powder which is now called unobtainium rather than IMR 4895).

Hagar