PDA

View Full Version : RIA 1911A1 range report

Guamsst
03-29-2013, 09:35
I was not impressed with the first 16rds. I kept them all in the vitals at 7yds but it is no tack driver, ok, it is more like a broad side of the barn driver. That being said, I tried about 8 different holds and was firing 6 different pistols today.

Will probably try again tomorrow with more ammo and more time dedicated to this pistol.

I've had others say they are tack drivers so I'll give it some break in time. I did notice it slowly walked up toward the bullseye with nearly every round.

I polished the feed ramp tonight. It's great that those cannon shells mean a feed ramp the same size as the buffing wheel on the dremel :icon_lol:

bombdog
03-30-2013, 08:34
i aint a pistoleer but my RIA 1911 compact was in a 2" group the first 7 rounds at 7yds w/ AE180's. i haven't heard anything but good reports on these guns. Must be a lemon in every bunch.
i have a garand that won't hit a bull in the butt at 100. i'll get her re-barreled when the cash is right, but i love her anyway.
Hope you have better luck next time.
bombdog, out!!!!!!!

Guamsst
03-31-2013, 11:14
i aint a pistoleer but my RIA 1911 compact was in a 2" group the first 7 rounds at 7yds w/ AE180's. i haven't heard anything but good reports on these guns. Must be a lemon in every bunch.
i have a garand that won't hit a bull in the butt at 100. i'll get her re-barreled when the cash is right, but i love her anyway.
Hope you have better luck next time.
bombdog, out!!!!!!!

Could easily be me, could be the ammo but I doubt it. My guess is it is a combo of me not shooting a 1911 in YEARS and this being a brand new gun. We'll see, I just bought 100rds so that should be enough to get myself and the pistol broke in. The quality seems good and the parts fit is tighter than what I am used to with most of the well worn 1911s I've dealt with.

bombdog
03-31-2013, 06:55
i carried the 1911 during the early 80's but didn't get the chance to do much firing. i do really like this little .45 i have now though. i did have a model 96 berretta .40 that i enjoyed as well till my brother wanted it back. It shot pretty good too.
Have a blast.
out, here!!!!!!!