PDA

View Full Version : Are There Any Ten Round Mags For Carbines

bluedsteelnwood
03-27-2013, 06:25
New York just changed their seven round magazine limit to a ten round limit as these idiots, didn't know they do not make seven round ones. In their continued idiocy they now identify M1 Carbines as assault rifles which by April 2014 must be registered with NY State, for them to identfy who owns them so the state can do whatever they want with them. My question is, does anyone make a ten round mag. for a M1 Carbine. I think by next year there will be quite a few law abiding folk who will have illegal firearms at home, rather than have them registered like handguns and or confiscated.

Tuna
03-27-2013, 08:20
Yes there are 10 round magazines being made. I do not know alot about them but I think there are several companies making them. Do an on line search for them.

Dan Shapiro
03-28-2013, 08:58
My understanding of NY's idiotic law is that you can use a 10 round magazine, but cross-your-heart-hope-to-die, you can only put 7 rounds in it.

To the elite intellectuals of NY, somehow that makes sense.

joem
03-28-2013, 09:43
I guess you could epoxy a block in one so it can't hold more than seven or ten rounds, depending which day of the week you want to shoot and it which state.

Oyaji
03-28-2013, 12:04
Thompson/Auto Ordnance has ten rounders for sale...

http://www.auto-ordnance.com/Long-Gun-Magazines/Auto-Ordnance-10-Round-Carbine-Magazine.asp

Tuna
03-28-2013, 12:49
I thought they just amended the NY law from 7 to 10 round magazines. Seems they did not realize no one makes 7 round magazines for the most popular semi autos.

Johnny in Texas
03-28-2013, 08:49
They are all over ebay but they are really 15 and 30 round mags some are real 10 rounders but you need to read the ad carefully

Richard H Brown Jr
03-28-2013, 09:19
There are 5, 10 rnd M-1 carbine mags out there. in steel. But sadly out of stock at most major gun supplies sites. You may find them up on Acution sites for outrageous amts.

RHB

bluedsteelnwood
03-29-2013, 07:41
Thanks so very much for the information on ten round magazines. The help and information on this site is always great.

Dan in NY
04-01-2013, 12:55
If your Carbine has a type 1 or 2 barrel band, it is exempt from the SAFE Act and need NO registration.. If it wears a type 3 w/bayo lug, it is an assault rifle and must be registered. Put a type 1 or 2 on there and you're good to go, as you just removed the one "evil feature" and there is language in the law that specifically says you can legally do such a modification. The Garand is a different story and alot of us are sweating that...At least in Feinstein's bill, she specifically names the Garand & Carbine as being C&R weapons and hence exempt...No such luck with King Cuomo...

bluedsteelnwood
04-02-2013, 02:00
If your Carbine has a type 1 or 2 barrel band, it is exempt from the SAFE Act and need NO registration.. If it wears a type 3 w/bayo lug, it is an assault rifle and must be registered. Put a type 1 or 2 on there and you're good to go, as you just removed the one "evil feature" and there is language in the law that specifically says you can legally do such a modification.
In 2012 I bought a M1 Carbine from the CMP. that was transfered to Barvaria and then Austria,the stamps on it being the Barvarian Rural Police then Austrian stampings.. It has no bayonet lug, nor do the other ones of this type. Does this qualify it as exempt from the SAFE act in N.Y.?. BTW do these M1 Carbines now go for more or less than a usual USGI Carbine in the same condition.

JOHN42768
04-02-2013, 02:30
As I understand the new BS law; no type 3 band and regular stock you are OK except if you have the !5 round original magazine which puts you back as no good and require registration. You can keep the 15 round original carbine magazine as long as you register it and have no more then 7 rounds in it. Any original 15 round original carbine magazine qualifies as an antique. I don't believe the Garand is affected as it does not have a removeable box magazine which is one of the evil features, but best to call 1-855-5294867 to make sure. Hopefully the courts will put an end to this infringement of our Constitutional Rights and bring sanity back to law abiding citizens. We all know, as do they also, that the bad guys or loony will not be obeying any law anyway. Remember at election time who were the makers of this insanity. John