PDA

View Full Version : Blackadder goes forth

Guamsst
03-20-2013, 09:21
Anyone else watch this british sitcom? Rowan Atkinson plays Capt Blackadder. He is a WW1 British officer staioned in France who is entirely unhappy about the shooting war they have gotten into and feels slighted that they are no longer conquering poorly armed pygmy tribes.

A great bit of Dark comedy but unfortunately, only six episodes. Contains some great lines like.....

Blackadder- "Let me guess, our plan is to climb out of the trenches and march slowly into the German machingun fire and all get killed?"

The general-"Good God man, how did you know about our secret plans?"

Blackadder-"It's the same plan we used the last 18 times. How is it you think it will work this time sir?"

The general-"well, that's the beauty of it. You see, having failed the last 18 times the Hun will never expect us to do exactly the same thing a 19th time!"

JBinIll
03-21-2013, 07:26
It's still hard for me to associate Hugh Laurie as House with the idiot he played on Blackadder.A ripping good show when it was on although I enjoyed the first series set in the period of Richard the third the most.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2DCExerOsA

Guamsst
03-21-2013, 11:53
Hugh Laurie really is enjoyable. I think it is better to have seen him as House first.

John Sukey
03-27-2013, 12:23
I have ALL the Blackadder series. Funny as heck except the last scene in the WW1 series where they go "over the top" Now there was one final show where Baldrick invents a time machine that works!
The Brits come up with some good ones, Fawlty Towers, Benny Hill, Steptoe and Son, etc. And who could forget Monty Python!