PDA

View Full Version : Question on Smith Corona hardware original finish

Lenny
03-04-2013, 06:27
Have almost acquired all replacement parts for my restoration project. Just to be sure I would like to know the correct original finishes for metal parts for Smith Corona #4830117. Thanks for the help. Lenny

John Beard
03-04-2013, 10:12
Front Sight Base - parkerized
Front Sight Blade - blued
Bayonet Band - parkerized
Stacking Band - blued
Stacking Swivel - parkerized
Lower Band Assembly - blued
Trigger Guard - parkerized
Magazine Follower - blued
Follower Spring - blued
Bolt Assembly (excluding safety lock, cocking piece, and mainspring) - blued
Mainspring - bright
Cocking Piece - parkerized
Safety Lock - parkerized
Magazine Cutoff - blued
Cutoff Spindle - blued
Ejector - blued
Ejector Pin - blued
Sear - blued
Sear Pin - blued
Trigger - blued
Rear Sight Assembly - blued
Handguard Retaining Ring - blued
Butt Swivel - blued
Buttplate - blued or parkerized
Screws - blued

Hope this helps.

J.B.

Lenny
03-05-2013, 03:22
Dear Mr. Beard

Would like to sincerely thank you for all your help with my restoration project. I will be eternally grateful for your efforts. Have acquired most of my correct parts and all that remains is assembly and lock away in the safe. Looking forward to shooting a little later this spring. Must say has been quite a learning experience (with your help goes without saying). Already dreaming of next project thinking 1903 this time. Hope to someday have even a sliver of your expertise in this endeavor. Read all your responses on this forum, truly amazed with your encyclopedic knowledge on this subject. May your God bless. Thank you Lenny

John Beard
03-05-2013, 07:37
Dear Mr. Beard

Would like to sincerely thank you for all your help with my restoration project. I will be eternally grateful for your efforts. Have acquired most of my correct parts and all that remains is assembly and lock away in the safe. Looking forward to shooting a little later this spring. Must say has been quite a learning experience (with your help goes without saying). Already dreaming of next project thinking 1903 this time. Hope to someday have even a sliver of your expertise in this endeavor. Read all your responses on this forum, truly amazed with your encyclopedic knowledge on this subject. May your God bless. Thank you Lenny

You're very welcome!

Thanks for your kind words! And may God bless you and yours too!

J.B.

Babysan12
04-19-2016, 07:32
Would this configuration apply to all SC 1903A3s or just one in the 4,8xx,xxx range? Thx!

John Beard
04-19-2016, 05:46
Would this configuration apply to all SC 1903A3s or just one in the 4,8xx,xxx range? Thx!

The listed finishes apply to most SC M'03-A3's. A few parts on early rifles, however, had different finishes.

J.B.

Babysan12
04-20-2016, 08:10
Perfect. Thank you!

CPC
04-22-2016, 10:53
Here are a couple of 481"s that at a few thousand apart. The bottom rifle is essentially new. The top rifle has been used a little, I picked it up because it has a 6 groove barrel.