PDA

View Full Version : Krag Data Sheet

1lifeuseit
03-03-2013, 04:54
New member here. Would anyone here know of, or have a data sheet for the Krag rifle like I've seen for the 1903 Springfield?

Dick Hosmer
03-03-2013, 05:38
Not knowing exactly what you have in mind cannot, for certain, say yes or no, though I do not know of anything that would seem to fit your description, and I have studied Krags since 1970.

LARscout
03-05-2013, 08:12
Could it be you're talking about a cheat sheet usually taped to the buttstock for a quick reference on bullet drop and deflection in clicks?

http://corregidor.org/USMC/rkv/images/usmc_fig_43.jpg

madsenshooter
03-06-2013, 01:45
If so, Bob S posted a chart that was for a few of the sights below. Hmm, I just looked for it and it's no longer there, but I stole a copy. There are differences in some of the 1898 and 1902 sights one should be aware of though. Bob explains them here: http://www.jouster.com/forums/showthread.php?32358-Little-differences-1898-and-1902-sights

jerrbear
03-06-2013, 04:37
I am wondering if he is refering to fact data sheet form you fill out describing the model, stock, markings and various parts of a particular gun. I know they are available for the Springfield 03, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, 1917 Enfield and some others. Have not seen one for the Krag.

jimmyzwei
03-06-2013, 04:46
New member here. Would anyone here know of, or have a data sheet for the Krag rifle like I've seen for the 1903 Springfield?

I think that the OP was wondering about data sheets to record the configuration of your rifle. Similar ones are avalible for:
Garands on the GCA web site
M1 Carbine on the Carbine Clubs Web site
K98 - cant remember where i picked up this format
and for Model 1903 avalible at http://www.nicolausassociates.com/PDF/M1903-DataSheetV15.pdf
And like Dick said i have never seen one either and have not had time to sit with the books and try to formulate one

Dick Hosmer
03-06-2013, 07:37
That looks like a good start on the 1903, though I'll bet, to a purist/03 expert (which I am not) it may be over-simplified. One possible fault I see is that too much is left to free-form/remarks, the maximum possible number of variations should be covered by simple check-offs. For tabulation and graphing, you want bean-counter responses, not something from a aspiring novelist.

soldierofhistory1898
03-12-2013, 08:53
In answer to your request for info regarding a "Krag Data Sheet". You should take a look at the "Soldiers target record" that is up for auction on ebay. The item is #121080253902. It might be what you are looking for. It still has four days to run. Good luck.
Regards, S.O.H. 1898

1mark
03-13-2013, 04:25
I think he is wanting a data sheet such as the Garand. You list the parts s/n and other data. I have not seen one but maybe someone here has made one to record the parts on each rifle they have.

dave
03-14-2013, 02:16
I think you are correct on what he is asking. I have them for carbine and M1 and used them, have seen them for the K98k but do not use them. Very easy to make one up. I did for a FN 1930 which was made for the Lithuanian military, a rather rare rifle. Everyone wanted to know how it was marked, various parts etc. I just put down Serial Numb; Upper bad marks; Stock type; and other such info and filed it out. The same could be done for a krag altho various parts are not marked you would have to know the variations of parts and when they were changed. Such detail I have little knowledge of. 5mad would be just the guy or even you Dick!