PDA

View Full Version : Umarex m4 colt .22lr

Johnny in Texas
02-26-2013, 09:44
I have fired around 3K rounds through it is starting malfunction every 5 to 10 rounds. Hammer drops but it does not fire. I took it apart, upper from lower only. I cleaned it by flushing with WD40 to loosen the crust of burnt powder and grit. Then I flushed it with gun scrubber until it looked new inside. I also talked with UMAREX and they told me how to adjust the bolt return spring to allow it to fire std. vel. ammo, before it would only function with HV ammo. By loosening the set screw behind the spring it allows the rifle to function the sub-sonic loads. I want to suppress it so needed it to fire std. vl ammo and sub-sonic ammo.

Having fun again!

Col. Colt
02-27-2013, 05:25
You might tell them to put that "tip" in their literature, where the new owner can find it! I believe that the German made "Colt" .22 AR may suffer from German "over engineering" - tight is nice, and accurate, but doesn't run nearly as well when it gets dirty. I have found the Hoppe's Elite (Mpro7) new "green" CLP to be the cat's meow for real ARs - run'em wet! (May be true for .22s, too.)

Standard Velocity is quite a bit weaker than HV. My girl recently bought a S&W 15-22, and we are both looking forward to trying it out. I like the Colt's aluminum reciever and "feel" better, but they did not have any extra magazines available - and they had plenty in stock for the S&W, so that got the nod. CC

Johnny in Texas
02-27-2013, 07:00
The first 3k rounds through were Rem. Golden HV and very dirty ammo. I have 30K rounds of std. VEl. .22 ammo so i was happy to get it working in the AR .22

Kragrifle
03-04-2013, 05:25
Now, if you could just find 22 rimfire ammo!