PDA

View Full Version : Underwood carbine

johnboy
02-21-2013, 02:06
I have a underwood carbine serial number 1428641. Hi wood, barrel date 4-43 underwood,front sight .U. Front band type A, hand guard 2rivet with script Pedersen .U. ,bolt flat blue .U. Stock hi wood no rebuilt marks, PU in sling well, circle P on bottom of pistol grip, UEF over GHD in large box, also cross cannon,beside it, rear sight flip , hammer is dogleg .U. Marked, all parts are marked with the underwood stamp, firing pin, trigger ,extractor,slide had bomb on handle, I believe that all parts are org, to carbine,trigger hous, has bomb on bottom of guard,

thanks

Johnny in Texas
02-21-2013, 05:02
The rear sight can be removed and replaced with care and not how later but if you think it has always been that way I might leave it. Can you post a close up picture of it. I have owned 2 original Inland carbines that had the sight on backward. Both got switched I still have one o them.

johnboy
02-21-2013, 06:00
The rear sight can be removed and replaced with care and not how later but if you think it has always been that way I might leave it. Can you post a close up picture of it. I have owned 2 original Inland carbines that had the sight on backward. Both got switched I still have one o them.

Send me your email and I will send pics ,thanks

Johnny in Texas
02-22-2013, 09:43
John nice original Underwood I would leave it.

johnboy
02-22-2013, 02:36
I think I will leave it alone, took it out and shot a couple of rounds , this afternoon and it shot realy good dance a tin can around lol 15 to20 yards, so I think I will leave it like it is .thanks