PDA

View Full Version : 330 Internals??

George in NH
02-08-2013, 01:33
Hi Men,
I am trying to source lenses and internal parts for a basket case rebuild of my 330. Anyone know if any of the Weaver 3/4 inch tube scopes would be suitable? I sent my 330, which is marked M73B1, to Ironsight for rebuild but they did not have and could not source the necessary parts for the repair. Is there any reason to think that any of the Weavers of 3/4 inch diameter did not share the same internal parts of the same vintage? I did send my M84 to Ironsight for repair and it came back fast and is as good as new!! Can't wait for spring and get out and rezero my M1D!! TIA! George in NH

ClaudeH
02-08-2013, 07:14
Try asking Larry at L & K Scope Repairs
(417) 426-5041
http://lkscoperepair.com

Jim in Salt Lake
02-09-2013, 05:31
I have a commercial Weaver 330 and was told that the internals are the same as the 330C, which was bought by the govt. I got this one with a sportered 1903. I would ask Ironsight if you could find a commercial 330 or 330c, could they use those parts in your scope tube? I see them for sale now and then.

Bart
02-12-2013, 01:07
Hi George, I have two 330 scopes, one was taken off a surveyed 03 A4 in 1944 and sent to my father from my brother in Germany.The second one is a commercial [ sport adjustment knobs] that I bought for 10 bucks about 20 years ago . The internals are totally inter- changeable so I suspect that the guts are the same for all 330s, with the possible exception of those with post reticle . If you need to rewire the reticle Dan Stangarone [ds1911@verizon.net] can help,do not try this at home unless you have the patience of Job and the eyes of a surgeon. As for parts, all I can offer is a spare eyepiece [occular], if that would help with your project. I can Email you pictures of the disassembled scopes as well.
I am looking for a suitable Remington 03 with typical combat usage that I can mount scope number one on for display purposes only. Lots of luck with your project, Best Regards, Bart

jgaynor
02-12-2013, 01:37
Lots of little paper washers and spacers in the Weavers. I have a manual with an exploded view.I'd be glad to scan that page and post or email it. I have no idea how easy it would be to remove the parts intact from a 60 year old scope. On the other hand the washers and spacers could probably be reproduced easily enough. Lenses ...I don't know probably have to try to salvage them.

Regards,
Jim

emmagee1917
02-13-2013, 10:20
A few years ago , the US military released it's stock of M84 parts as surplus . There were estimated to be enough parts to keep them going for the next 25 years or more . M73B1s are a different story .
Chris

jgaynor
02-14-2013, 03:35
Lots of little paper washers and spacers in the Weavers. I have a manual with an exploded view.I'd be glad to scan that page and post or email it. I have no idea how easy it would be to remove the parts intact from a 60 year old scope. On the other hand the washers and spacers could probably be reproduced easily enough. Lenses ...I don't know probably have to try to salvage them.

Regards,
Jim

George Did my emails get through? Are the images OK?
Jim

ggordon
02-22-2013, 04:54
Hi Bart-- is the spare eyepiece still available? Please PM me, thanks

hammer6048
03-04-2013, 04:09
Iron Sight in Tulsa, there is no one better than them for a rebuild. Talk with Mike or his associate Walker.