PDA

View Full Version : "COMBAT" WWII show back on tv.........................

Brad
02-08-2013, 12:47
Today while surfing on the old squawk box I could swear that I saw Combat was on today at 3PM on METY?
But I cant find it now. I have searched all over the TV but cant find it again???
I know I saw it. Does anyone have any info on this show coming back on??
Thanks

coastie
02-08-2013, 05:33
google "zaptoittv"
Or other search for tv programs.
Sometimes you can watch on your internet!
Paul

wstrayer
02-08-2013, 10:48
I get it on my local cable. It airs here on Saturday nights. Now if we can only find Rat Patrol......

Michael Tompkins
02-09-2013, 05:35
I watched all of those shows as a kid. "Combat!", "Rat Patrol" and "Garrison's Gorillas". I am pretty sure I had the "Combat!" and "Rat Patrol" lunch boxes as well! Mike

rider
02-09-2013, 06:43
A couple of years ago I showed a Combat! DVD to my adult daughter and explained to her that that was prime time TV back when I was a kid and that the shell blasts in the opening credits may have been the first use of pixelized images on TV. She was saddened when I told her how Vic Morrow had died. Maybe it's time for another boxed set.

UUURah
02-10-2013, 07:02
You can do a search or just load www.metvnetwork.com and then get your local provider. There they have the schedules. The weekly schedule does not vary but on Sundays they change it up. There is where you could see "Combat" occasionally.

Works for me ................ or should I say "ME TV".

Griff Murphey
02-11-2013, 04:03
A while back they ran the one where the unit was given the task of taking a pillbox on top of a hill and the lieutenant told the men he wanted a high volume of accurate fire and they did a pretty good job of showing the M-1 Sight picture from the view of the rifleman. It was not a Hollywood epic, they made do with US vehicles remarked as German, as did all of the war movies back then. "King Two" and "White Rook" were popular radio call signs in ROTC back then. I understand Vic Morrow did some morale tours to Vietnam.

QCI Springfield
02-24-2013, 10:21
I saw a picture once of a ARVN M24 Chaffee with "VIC MORROW" painted on it. Crew must have been fans.

Garden Valley
02-26-2013, 11:10
A couple of years ago I showed a Combat! DVD to my adult daughter and explained to her that that was prime time TV back when I was a kid and that the shell blasts in the opening credits may have been the first use of pixelized images on TV. She was saddened when I told her how Vic Morrow had died. Maybe it's time for another boxed set.

I have the COMBAT! boxed set I'll sell .....

rider
02-26-2013, 04:37
I have the COMBAT! boxed set I'll sell .....

Which one, the whole series?

Garden Valley
02-26-2013, 06:02
The whole series. On DVD, all are once viewed, just like new.

John Sukey
02-28-2013, 01:31
Ah yess, Rat Patrol with ONE British guy in the jeep. Should have been the other way around with possibly ONE American or NONE! And I did like the germans with a White Half track instead of a german one.

rider
03-01-2013, 01:33
The whole series. On DVD, all are once viewed, just like new.

Sorry, but I can't commit to that much couch time right now.

gunner312
06-26-2015, 09:29
Back in 1965, While in RVN, I happened into a USO in Danang. They had a real TV, first one I'd seen in country. The show on the screen was Combat. Hah, Watched it for a few minutes and had to leave. I Still remember that. Often wondered about that. I never saw the show in the states.

jgaynor
06-30-2015, 06:23
The Combat series can be viewed on Youtube. Cost=$0.00

emmagee1917
07-01-2015, 09:01
Sorry, but I can't commit to that much couch time right now.

I bought the whole set and watched it one episode every two weeks or so. Made it last five years . Loved it , but was sad when it " ended" . Prob'ly should do a second go as it's been a couple years now. They had a set of " Rat Patrol" out , too. I have not played it yet.
Chris

Dienekes
02-08-2016, 08:18
Picked up the entire set on DVD on sale from Amazon last year and delayed watching it until this winter. Just got through the first season which I faithfully watched in college in 1962, so some of it I remembered. Never did catch any of the rest of it, so from here on in it's all new to me.

Unlike a lot of programs from that era, the writing was excellent; quite a lot like some of the Star Trek shows where moral issues were brought up. Needless to say, I "get it" better now than when I was 19. Definitely in the "better late than never" category. My wife doesn't much care for war movies, but she's pretty hooked as well.

StockDoc
02-08-2016, 09:02
Ah yess, Rat Patrol with ONE British guy in the jeep. Should have been the other way around with possibly ONE American or NONE! And I did like the germans with a White Half track instead of a german one.

Germans used a lot of Captured Allied Equipment. And SAS used jeeps at one time, don't think it would get the viewership it it was a Brit group

John Sukey
06-10-2016, 03:52
Of course the SAS used jeeps, my comment on "rat patrol" was that it should have been the SAS, with possibly one American instead of the other way round!

fjruple
06-11-2016, 01:44
Back in 1965, While in RVN, I happened into a USO in Danang. They had a real TV, first one I'd seen in country. The show on the screen was Combat. Hah, Watched it for a few minutes and had to leave. I Still remember that. Often wondered about that. I never saw the show in the states.

Same thing happen to me but a different war. I was deploy in the second Gulf war in Iraq. Walked into the NCOs tent and saw them watching Lawrence of Arabia on a DVD play and connected to a projector!! I had to get up and leave.

--fjruple

Larry G.
06-11-2016, 04:41
I get Combat on Comcast. Hero's and Icons (H&I) channel at 12 midnight and 1 AM CST everyday.