PDA

View Full Version : CMP Kimber Bolt Removal

RCK
02-01-2013, 05:06
I have trouble with removing the bolt from the Kimber rifle. I push the bolt release in fully and pull the bolt back but it seems to catch somewhere. Playing with the bolt release eventually lets the bolt slip out but I notice scratches on the upper left side of the bolt. Am I missing the proper way to get the bolt out easily?

gwp
02-01-2013, 06:24
The Kimber manual can be downloaded from the CMP. Trouble shooting your problem is not covered in the manual.

www.thecmp.org/Sales/pdfs/KimberManual.pdf

Maury Krupp
02-01-2013, 06:25
I had the same problem.

I traced it to the Bolt Stop being just a hair too fat to clear the cut in the Bolt when depressed. That's why playing with it sometimes lets the Bolt out. Take it apart and play with it; you'll see what I mean

A little stoning of the Bolt Stop solved my problem.

Maury

Quadguy
02-04-2013, 10:49
I had the same problem , I had to clean the bolt release of Cosmoline. Gave it a good spray of WD40 to wash it all out.
I am not saying that is your problem but it may a good place to start. I had this on the rusty Kimber I got last November from the CMP.

Herschel
02-04-2013, 01:33
If WD40 is left in the mechanism it will become sticky with time. It is not a lubricant. It takes a while for it to become sticky buy it will really gum up things, given enough time.

Twinson
02-04-2013, 07:19
Mine Kimber bolt release has to be tipped back toward the rear end of the receiver. (pushing in won't do it) But that is just mine. ... --- ...