PDA

View Full Version : Rusty Kimber

Quadguy
01-08-2013, 10:37
I was finally able to clean up a Kimber that santa left at my home in November. The bore looked like it had rust but as was the case with the barrell it was only dried Cosmoline. The barrell and chamber look pristine. My daughter surprized me with a nice bushnell scope , got a mount for it
and put it all together yesterday. As I said earlier the only probelm is a small scratch on the barrell
the trigger didn't need to be reset and the float is good . It is all together boresighted and waiting for a range day. If I can't shoot this one in beenchrest competition it is the nut behind the bolt
and not the gun. I got a better deal from the CMP then I planned.

M1Garandy
01-08-2013, 06:12
If you have not done it already, take the bolt apart and clean the inside.

RCK
01-09-2013, 03:33
I believe this was covered in past posts but, could someone in the know please describe the proper procedure to take down the Kimber bolt for cleaning. Just as important, how to get it back together in the right order again! Thanks

M1Garandy
01-09-2013, 10:40
I can't find the link right now but if you Google "kimber 82g bolt disassembly" you should turn up some instructions. I thought it was a sticky on the CMP smallbore forum but I don't see it there either.