PDA

View Full Version : m 84 scope

ggg33
12-10-2009, 05:43
I recently purchased a m 84 scope at an auction and it has some surface rust on it. I am wondering if these can be refinished and if there is an individual or company out there that offers that type of service?

ggg33
12-11-2009, 04:12
It is pretty much covered with rust. I have been soaking it in kroil and carefully going over it with 0000 steel wool and that has made it better. The optics are perfect and so I thought it might be worth having it professionaly restored. I am worthless at posting pictures as I have little computer skills.

1mark
12-11-2009, 06:18
I tried to have mine restored and it was a nightmare. THe optics are great but the outside had spot rust on the tube. I sent it out and after 6 months the company had done nothing to it, even though they said they were working on it. Long story short. Do worry about it. The outside does not effect the scope. Mine looks good with a little rust, it has character on my M1D.

alongshot50
12-11-2009, 07:12
I steel wooled the heck out of mine and put some of the cold blue paste on it, and re buffed with the steel wool and it looks like a good shape but used scope so it matches my D

ggg33
12-12-2009, 03:37
When I said soaking I did not mean submerged and I have been very careful not get any kroil near the adjustment turrets or lenses. I simply soak the steel wool rub it on the rust spots let it sit a while buff it some and wipe it off. I wasn't born yesterday I was born the day before and have screwed up my fair share of stuff too. If it all goes pear shaped on me I am only out the $20.00 I paid for it. :1948:

ggg33
12-15-2009, 04:43
Really? I guess I need a D first to put this thing on so I can find out if I screwed it up. Thanks for heads up.