PDA

View Full Version : F.B Radom barreled action

Lee H.
12-08-2012, 06:55
I just picked up a F.B. Radom 2 digit serial number barreled action.
front and rear sights are correct the rest looks like mixed parts.
The receiver has the old style Polish eagle over F.B. Radom with no date and side is marked K98
and also the 2 digit S.S. It has some minor pitting and the bore is not the best but it is not junk.
My question is tring to find out what year it was made, every rifle that I see on line has a date on it. From what I could find the first year they were made at the Radom factory was 1927.
having the serial number that it has ,one would think it should be 1927 but why no date?
Also one thing the eagle and F.B. Radom is centered so it does not look like the date was removed.
Any Thoughts, Thanks

dave
12-09-2012, 07:28
I know nothing about Polish stuff but somthing to think about. Perhaps early ones just were not dated? I also do not know about their serial numbering system so a low number may not mean much. For instance a low German military rifle number means nothing as to when made unless you have the date, as they started new every year. Answer those two questions and you will be closer to an answer as to date yours was made. You may try over on the 'Gun Boards Forums', they have a Polish forum, sure they can answer your question.

NuJudge
12-16-2012, 11:23
Do a search for the Polish Firearms page. There is a lot of info there. I have a book on pre WW II Polish firearms use and manufacturing that I will be happy to look at for you when I get home, but it's in Polish.

In the late 1960's I went through many crates of Polish model 29 rifle that had been sold to the Spanish during their Civil War, and every one of them had been scrubbed, leaving only a tiny bore diameter marking at the front of the receiver.

I have seen a number of German WW II Mauser carbines that were built with Radom marked parts, including receivers